News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-44 Bridges Closed at MO59/I-49/I-44 interchange. Hit by crane

Started by intelati49, June 13, 2023, 05:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triplemultiplex

There would be independent utility in a WB 44 -> SB 49 flyover/turbine ramp regardless of whether or not future improvements eliminate the 44/49 duplex.  Simple reason being it's connecting St. Louis and beyond to a growing metro.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

mvak36

This bridge was added to the June 16 letting.

Job JSR0043 Route I-44, Jasper County. Bridge repairs at I-49 in Fidelity, the total legnth of improvement being 0.070 miles.

Apparent Bids
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

bwana39

My guess is this crane had been trailered under this bridge MULTIPLE times before. Same thing happened at "Benton Road Overpass" on I-20 EB in Bossier City LA 15 year or so ago.

Yes it had. No problem before! What changed. They had to let the air out of the tires before they transported it.  The accident trip (as shown in the KOAM video above) the tires fully inflated.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.