News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

When a road provides no benefit to local motorists

Started by hbelkins, February 09, 2023, 02:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilianaUwU

Quote from: JayhawkCO on February 09, 2023, 04:22:36 PM
I-BL40 in Glenrio, TX.

I guess you're right: it does provide zero benefit to the zero motorists in Glenrio.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

jaehak

MATraveler128

Quote from: jaehak on February 17, 2023, 03:50:13 PM
I-15 certainly doesn't do much for Arizona

Although you have to admit, it's a very scenic drive.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

MATraveler128

Another one that comes to mind is NH 113B, which is only connected to ME 113 on both ends. It serves absolutely zero purpose to New Hampshire except to connect a town of 341 to Maine.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

index

I-95 does not benefit the vast majority of North Carolinians. Even in the towns along I-95, it isn't always the best way to get from place to place. Of course, there are exceptions to this with places such as Fayetteville, and in that area, it is seeing improvements. However, some people (i.e. outsiders) seem to be so confused as to why NCDOT has neglected I-95 as a whole so much, usually with the rationale of "It's so important, it connects the whole East Coast!" among other similar reasoning. That is why. North Carolinians would rather see their tax dollars spent on infrastructure that will benefit North Carolinians instead of paying for New Yorkers and New Jerseyans to get to Florida faster. Yes, it needs to be upgraded, and it will happen, but North Carolina's priority is its own citizens, not people who simply pass through.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.