What song are you currently listening to now?

Started by CapeCodder, February 03, 2021, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenarmy

Just a reminder that US 6, 49, 50, and 98 are superior to your fave routes :)

EXTEND 206 SO IT CAN MEET ITS PARENT.

kphoger

Enya – Evening Falls

Do I need to surrender my man card?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Has anyone ever known two different tracks for ages and never realized they were by the same author?

Just happened to me with Peachy and Where I Stood (both great songs, btw).

webny99

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

achilles765

The 16th volume of Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series was released last month..covering his sessions from 1981-1985... a period previously thought to be one of his weakest.  The outtakes and alternate versions make me think that's an incorrect feeling though....
As such, I have been heavily rotating these songs and the originally released album versions...

Right now, it's the 11 minute "Brownsville Girl" and its original, the 12 minute "New Danville Girl"
I love freeways and roads in any state but Texas will always be first in my heart

CapeCodder

webny99

webny99

STLmapboy

Schism by Tool

I know where the pieces fit!
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

webny99

I'm not big on holiday music, but currently listening to Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson and it's not half bad.

formulanone

Junkdrome - Front 242

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAifZTRnnKg

Always liked the slow buildup, peak, and dissolution at the end.

hbelkins

If you've never heard this one before, it probably won't take you long to figure out who the special guests are on this tune.

Oh, by the way, which one's Max?  :D

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

tolbs17

formulanone

Miles Davis - Flamenco Sketches

https://youtu.be/nTwp1sgUJrM

Kind of Blue is a legendary album and it's about the length of a gate-to-gate flight from Atlanta to Huntsville.

formulanone

Riverbottom Nightmare Band — Ruckus Juice Stompers

https://youtu.be/yQLLBTSF0ZU

A holiday classic...

7/8

Slomo by Slowdive (my favourite song from their newest album):

webny99

Rothman

Surrender by Natalie Taylor, thanks to some TikTok that came my way on my fyp...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kevinb1994

That song by Edison Lighthouse (they were a British band BTW, though I'll note that the actual lighthouse is called Eddystone, and that there's a borough of the same name in SEPA) that has since been featured on TikTok for whatever reason. It starts off like a country song (Danny Flowers may have heard it and wrote 1978's Tulsa Time, a hit for Don Williams that same year, as a partial response to it), then becomes a cross between the Beatles' 1968 return-to-the-roots Lady Madonna (which in itself is a tribute to Fats Domino, who made it his last charting smash that same year) and the Kinks' classic from 1967 Waterloo Sunset (a tribute to rock and roll on the Mersey). There are also parts of this song that sound like some inspiration for the Bee Gees' 1977 smash How Deep is Your Love from SNF. Which isn't too surprising.

golden eagle

golden eagle

"Pony" from Ginuwine. Not a song I normally listen to. It's playing on the Steve Harvey Morning Show.

hbelkins

Those of you who are my Facebook friends may have noticed I've been posting a number of obscurities from little-known bands that are in my vinyl and CD collection. You may not have heard of bands or artists like New England, Box of Frogs, The Quireboys, Bang Tango, Sea Hags, John Kilzer, Mordred, Blue Murder, and so on, but I'm giving my Facebook friends a little taste of my musical library.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

webny99

golden eagle

"Too Late to Say Goodbye" from Richard Marx.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.