News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What song are you currently listening to now?

Started by CapeCodder, February 03, 2021, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elsmere241

Quote from: amroad17 on August 14, 2022, 11:13:05 PM
Quote from: elsmere241 on August 11, 2022, 10:02:51 AM
Right now going through my head is a song from Kansas that I don't know the title of.  I'll have to look it up.

I've finally chased Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" out of my head after two or three days.
I have a list of their more popular songs you can choose from...

"Dust in the Wind"
"Carry On Wayward Son"
"Point Of Know Return"
"People Of The South Wind"
"Hold On"
"Play The Game Tonight"
"Fight Fire With Fire"
"Portrait (He Knew)"

It wasn't a popular song in that sense - it's one of the live songs on the greatest hits CD that wasn't on the cassette.  Maybe I'll look it up.

JayhawkCO

LilianaUwU

A mashup of the Psycho Soldier theme with Nature Trail to Hell by Weird Al.

Yes, seriously.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

webny99

You can enjoy this one all for nothing. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.  :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEqSPvAALII

bwana39

Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

7/8

A great summer song from the 80's: Wave Babies by Honeymoon Suite.

hbelkins

I've been going through a list of albums released in 1977, 45 years ago, that get a lot of play from me.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

7/8

Saskatchewan in 1881 by Colter Wall. Whenever I hear Toronto, I think of the line "Mr. Toronto man, go away from my door" :-D

amroad17

Quote from: 7/8 on August 18, 2022, 10:38:04 PM
A great summer song from the 80's: Wave Babies by Honeymoon Suite.

I enjoy their song "Feel It Again" from the album "The Big Prize".  I liked the cover of the album. https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/D-AAAOSws41dnIFS/s-l400.jpg
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

index

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

7/8

Quote from: index on August 29, 2022, 07:04:54 PM
Where the Devil Don't Stay by Drive-By Truckers

Great band! Lots of great songs, but "The Living Bubba" might be my favourite (though the album cover is atrocious). :-D

Right now I'm listening to Try Me by OCULA which just released today.

Big John

kevinb1994

Quote from: Big John on September 04, 2022, 08:26:21 PM
Ramblin' Man - Allman Brothers Band

Hard to believe that that one is almost a half-century old. Have to wait until next summer, though.

bandit957

"Love Will Turn You Around" by Kenny Rogers, because it's in the countdown right now.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Big John

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on September 06, 2022, 03:37:00 PM
We had the rain yesterday, but today is just gray and gloomy. There's too much green still on the trees to feel truly autumnal, but it's too dreary to feel like summer... exactly the kind of weather that must have inspired "Wake Me Up When September Ends":

... but that's kind of depressing.

How about something equally deep but a little more... intense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wkt3oHatJ0

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: webny99 on September 06, 2022, 03:44:34 PM
We had the rain yesterday, but today is just gray and gloomy. There's too much green still on the trees to feel truly autumnal, but it's too dreary to feel like summer... EXACTLY the kind of weather that must have inspired "Wake Me Up When September Ends":

It wasn't about the weather, rather it was about the death of Billie Joe Armstrong's father. As a result, he has stated on multiple occasions he does not approve or appreciate people who tweet memes at him to wake up on October 1.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

webny99

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on September 06, 2022, 04:46:00 PM
Quote from: webny99 on September 06, 2022, 03:44:34 PM
We had the rain yesterday, but today is just gray and gloomy. There's too much green still on the trees to feel truly autumnal, but it's too dreary to feel like summer... exactly the kind of weather that must have inspired "Wake Me Up When September Ends":

It wasn't about the weather, rather it was about the death of Billie Joe Armstrong's father. As a result, he has stated on multiple occasions he does not approve or appreciate people who tweet memes at him to wake up on October 1.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to be taken literally. Of course I know that's not what the song is about, I was just playing off the title and the song being fitting for the early September weather we're having.

adventurernumber1

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

7/8

Henry

The entire Chicago catalog. In this order, my top three lead singers are Peter Cetera, Robert Lamm and Jason Scheff.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

webny99

kurumi

Apparently Pink Floyd and Jordan Rudess teamed up to record a Japanese TV theme show in 1978. Elements of prog, disco, space rock, kung fu, and more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ueK3mvBK-4
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Big John

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.