News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What song are you currently listening to now?

Started by CapeCodder, February 03, 2021, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Road Hog

I haven't been this excited about a new band in probably a decade and a half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWHthLQ1Uw

Flint1979

7/8

Subnivean by Lunar Isles. Only 48 000 listens on Spotify? It deserves so much more IMO.

webny99

There are very few songs I can listen to on repeat seemingly endlessly and not even notice or get sick of it after a while, but this is one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePTQOVceY3s

7/8

Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses by Kathy Mattea

Flint1979

Hobart

Pennsylvania Polka as performed by Frankie Yankovic
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Hunty2022

100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

7/8

kphoger

The album Wild Mood Swings by The Cure.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

Big John

7/8

Sparkle from the movie soundtrack of Your Name:

1995hoo

I just finished downloading the DSD recording of last Monday's Springsteen show in DC (which I attended), although three tracks are missing because nugs.net returns an error every time for those three files. Hopefully they fix it promptly.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

hbelkins

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 03, 2023, 03:30:24 PM
I just finished downloading the DSD recording of last Monday's Springsteen show in DC (which I attended), although three tracks are missing because nugs.net returns an error every time for those three files. Hopefully they fix it promptly.

DSD recording? Nugs.net? Tell us more. Is this a good source to download music such as the Usenet alt.binaries.* groups where all sorts of music can be obtained?

Nevermind. I see it's a subscription service. I guess the free trial would be useful if there was one concert in particular that you wanted to snag.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

Quote from: hbelkins on April 04, 2023, 04:54:59 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on April 03, 2023, 03:30:24 PM

DSD recording? Nugs.net? Tell us more. Is this a good source to download music such as the Usenet alt.binaries.* groups where all sorts of music can be obtained?

Nevermind. I see it's a subscription service. I guess the free trial would be useful if there was one concert in particular that you wanted to snag.

It's not necessarily a subscription service. Springsteen sells recordings of every recent concert going back a few tours (not sure when exactly he started, but it was within the past 10 or 11 years) and some concerts from older tours. When the recording becomes available for a concert I attended, I buy it, and since my Astell & Kern player can handle DSD files, I buy that format. I don't subscribe to anything through them–I only buy the particular shows I want. I have some of the "archive" stuff, but not every show; that would be overkill (Grateful Dead fans might disagree, of course).

I'm typing this after downloading the three missing tracks, which became available tonight; I'm copying the entire show to the Astell & Kern player. Took a little while because the entire show was 6.33 GB.

The "Mp3tag" software I use to edit tags on audio files works with DSD files, which is nice because I'm never satisfied with the way anything is tagged.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

hbelkins

Kiss used to sell "Off the Soundboard" CDs for their individual concerts. I'm not sure if they pressed/burned them immediately on site and you picked them up after the concert, or if you bought them at the venue and they were mailed to you afterwards.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bugo

"Honeycomb" by Deafheaven. You might not like the vocals. I didn't at first. But their music is so gorgeously heartbreaking that I couldn't ignore their music and I eventually learned to appreciate the vocals. They prove the "no good music has been made since 2000" fallacy is wrong.

bugo

Quote from: webny99 on February 04, 2021, 03:13:51 PM
Nice! There's something unique about Coldplay, it hits deeper than other music in a way that's hard to describe. Clocks is one of my all-time favorites.

I don't know if I would call Coldplay "unique". If it weren't for Radiohead, they wouldn't have a career. And I like some of their early songs. I just wouldn't call them particularly original.

bugo

Quote from: I-55 on February 04, 2021, 04:51:09 PM
Coldplay made it into several road trip playlists growing up, always brings back good memories. X&Y by far my favorite album.

This is their best song.

bugo

bugo

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.