News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Tina Turner dead at 83

Started by golden eagle, May 25, 2023, 10:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about this already. Anyhow, the legendary "queen of rock" has succumbed to intestinal cancer at the age of 83 in Switzerland. Do you have a favorite Tina Turner song? If I had one, it'd be Private Dancer.

https://www.cnn.com/entertainment/live-news/singer-tina-turner-death-news/index.html

Max Rockatansky

I mainly remember her as a Mad Max villain.  Can't imagine why that might be?  :rolleyes:

Henry

One of my favorite Tina Turner memories is hearing her cover of Creedence Clearwater Revival's Proud Mary immediately after the original had been played on the radio. Loved how she put her own spin on the song, and even John Fogerty said he was a fan of hers. RIP to the Queen of Rock.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 25, 2023, 11:07:17 PM
I mainly remember her as a Mad Max villain.  Can't imagine why that might be?  :rolleyes:

"Bust a deal, spin the wheel!"

I've always liked the track she sang for Goldeneye.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: triplemultiplex on June 02, 2023, 12:02:55 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 25, 2023, 11:07:17 PM

"Bust a deal, spin the wheel!"

I've always liked the track she sang for Goldeneye.

Ain't we pair?...raggedy man.

skluth

She and HBO put together an excellent bio on her life. I highly recommend it. Her life with Ike was even more a living hell than I had previously heard. So glad she had all the success she had. An amazing talent.

bulldog1979

Ted$8roadFan

Road Hog

I had refrained from posting on this page because I couldn't find my favorite video of hers. Welp, I finally found it. My favorite song of hers was this collaboration with The Fixx:

The longer album version of the song is better, but this will do nicely, thank you.

The lead singer of The Fixx is reportedly an ass and I think this shows a bit in the video. But this song is the perfect melding of music worlds.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.