News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Coweta toll plaza on the Muskogee Turnpike opens

Started by bugo, October 27, 2017, 04:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I drove from Tulsa towards Arkansas on October 20 and the Coweta toll plaza on the Muskogee Turnpike has been completed. The mainline lanes are now Pikepass lanes while cash customers must exit to pay tolls. This toll plaza is next to the OK 51 interchange. I also saw a purple sign approaching the toll plaza. It's a lot nicer now that the Pikepass lane doesn't require exiting off the road. Now to fix the toll plaza south of Muskogee. At that plaza, Pikepass traffic must slow down to 30 MPH and drive through what was once a cash toll booth.

galador

Went through this last night. You only have to slow down to ~55 mph, which is another nice improvement.

bugo

US71

Quote from: bugo on October 30, 2017, 02:59:37 PM
OSM has lots of incorrect information.

So why is there a problem with Baloo making corrections?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

Because he is known for incorrectly labelling roads. My friend went in and corrected some of his mistakes and he reverted them. Obscure honorific names do not equal the actual names of roads.

compdude787

Quote from: bugo on October 30, 2017, 03:16:10 PM
Because he is known for incorrectly labelling roads. My friend went in and corrected some of his mistakes and he reverted them. Obscure honorific names do not equal the actual names of roads.

I agree. Baloo (Paul Johnson on OSM) should really be using the official_name=* tag for tagging official names like "So and so Memorial Highway." Most people often don't refer to those roads by those names, so it's pretty pointless to even have them.

bugo

Quote from: US71 on October 30, 2017, 03:07:34 PM
Quote from: bugo on October 30, 2017, 02:59:37 PM
OSM has lots of incorrect information.

So why is there a problem with Baloo making corrections?

Because he posts inaccurate information and labels roads using obscure honorary titles that nobody has heard of and can only confuse drivers. He also makes shit up and when he is called out on his bullshit he moves the goalposts and changes the subject. He simply cannot admit it when he is wrong about something.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.