Routes that Meet But Don't Cross

Started by webny99, August 03, 2018, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilpt4u

Quote from: Brandon on August 03, 2018, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: webny99 on August 03, 2018, 12:56:13 PM
Quote from: briantroutman on August 03, 2018, 12:44:41 PM
Do you mean like a "bump" –such as I-76 and I-80 near Akron, OH?

Precisely, yes. If that was a standard interchange, and not a double-trumpet, the two roads wouldn't share any pavement.
And I don't know how I forgot that obvious example.

Like I-80 and I-74 in Colona, Illinois?
There is the other, newer Interstate bump in IL...

Since the opening of the Stan Musial Bridge, I-70 and I-64 "bump"  in East St Louis. I-55 does go straight thru this Interchange

US 150/War Memorial Drive and I-74 @ Exit 89 in Peoria, IL is almost a bump - except the two roadways never quite touch. Their ROW does, I'm pretty sure. Basically, a modified Double Trumpet betweem the roadways. Of course, US 150 and I-74 cross multiple times in IL, as I-74 parallels the US 150 route thru IL

TheHighwayMan3561

US 169 and MN 47 in Anoka, MN (trading off duplexes with US 10)

Although technically every route that terminates at another route counts  :bigass:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

jaehak

Was just on it yesterday - I-4 and US 92in Daytona Beach intersect but don't touch, and don't really even "bump."  They do meet several times further west though.

Rothman

Makes me wonder if NY 7 and NY 146 count for this (in Niskayuna, anyway).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

mrcmc888

There's only one example I can think of in my home state, and that's TN-96 bumping with a surface road in Murfreesboro.

wanderer2575

mrcmc888

And another one- GA-56 in Augusta, GA never crosses over US-78/25.  They briefly duplex but 56 leaves the same way it came

ilpt4u

Quote from: wanderer2575 on August 05, 2018, 11:10:17 AM
IL-83 and US-45

I almost replied wtf on this one, because they cross at their meetpoint in the South Suburbs

They do bump at their meetpoint in the North Suburbs, so I'll give this a pass

That said, this one was already mentioned on Page 1 of the thread...
Quote from: Super Mateo on August 03, 2018, 05:40:55 PM
US 45 bumps IL 83 in Mundelein, IL (stoplight).  Further south, those two routes cross at an interchange in Palos Hills.

vdeane

Quote from: Rothman on August 05, 2018, 10:02:07 AM
Makes me wonder if NY 7 and NY 146 count for this (in Niskayuna, anyway).
Alas, no.  Turns out they only meet once, at the roundabout in Rotterdam.  The connection in Niskayuna requires reference routes.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

freebrickproductions

US 431 and AL 53 in Huntsville, AL (though AL 53 isn't signed south of the intersection).
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.