Major I-70 Closure in Colorado

Started by thenetwork, August 15, 2020, 10:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJS23

I went this way at the beginning of the week, I took US 24 from Limon to Colorado Springs and then up CO 115 to US 50. There was multiple one land road closures with flaggers, but the most I waited was 10-15 minutes, the rest just let us through or there was a short wait. As for the section that is usually closed, it went through a very narrow canyon, I'm not sure what they're trying to do exactly but there was a lot of rocks. It certainly was a long ride but I would recommend it in order to bypass Denver and the long 40 detour. The 50 passes aren't even that bad, I was actually a little disappointed it's not as pretty as 70.

hbelkins

Quote from: renegade on August 06, 2021, 08:43:48 PM
Quote from: HighwayStar on August 06, 2021, 02:11:00 AMWell obviously you would not put that in the damn gully.
You sure aren't going to build it along the ridge, either.  Do you have another idea?

I think he's referring to the waste area for the excess yardage, not the road itself.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

zzcarp

Good news-they are projecting a partial reopening Saturday. There's a thread of pictures at the Twitter link.

https://twitter.com/nbminor/status/1425497135403790337
So many miles and so many roads

Flint1979

Right now it's 6 hours from Grand Junction to Denver taking US-50 and US-285.

zzcarp

I-70 has reopened with one lane in each direction as of 7:05 am this morning per CDOT.
So many miles and so many roads

MCRoads

Here is a video of the road as of yesterday:

Surprisingly minor damage, all things considered. I thought for sure the WB lanes were toast, but evidently there was just pavement damage, and the guardrails got destroyed.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.