News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

America's Scariest Roads?

Started by berberry, January 13, 2011, 10:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaothinterceptor

None of these lane-crossing areas are as bad as I-75/85 at I-20.

Both sides of the 75/85 in downtown Atlanta are 11 lanes. The SB 75/85 - EB 20 ramp is a LEFT EXIT, so if you're on the right side, you're screwed.

MDOTFanFB

Quote from: kaothinterceptor on March 15, 2011, 09:00:21 PM

Both sides of the 75/85 in downtown Atlanta are 11 lanes. The SB 75/85 - EB 20 ramp is a LEFT EXIT, so if you're on the right side, you're screwed.

Looked like a GDOT interchange designer was blind when he designed this!

kaothinterceptor

I know this for a fact because I have to 'run the gauntlet' every time I drive to my uncle's house in Augusta, GA.

Anyone else have anything like this?

NE2

Bleh. This went from an interesting thread about mountain roads to a list of areas with bad weaving.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

kaothinterceptor

Quote from: NE2 on March 15, 2011, 09:53:10 PM
Bleh. This went from an interesting thread about mountain roads to a list of areas with bad weaving.

Blame it on all the left exits on I-75.

Eth

Quote from: kaothinterceptor on March 15, 2011, 09:00:21 PM

Wait...what?

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=33.7478,-84.386469&spn=0.002083,0.004812&z=18&layer=c&cbll=33.747728,-84.38657&panoid=lqZITr34iyGPyN1euw4rDQ&cbp=12,238.88,,0,5.2

Unless you meant to say the eastbound ramp branches off to the left after the exit...but that certainly doesn't require crossing the entire width of the freeway (which, while wide, isn't 11 lanes either).

kaothinterceptor

Most people drive on the right-hand side of expressways, since most exits are on the right-hand side. Also, the left-most lane at that point is a HOV lane, as usually happens in major cities.

Also, the exit does branch to the left.

Bigmikelakers

Quote from: relaxok on February 08, 2011, 05:35:57 AM
I don't know if it's "scary" really, but 89A between Prescott Valley and Jerome, AZ through the mountains I recall being pretty uncomfortable... endless switchbacks, it really starts to get to you.. especially if you're alone..

Speaking of 89A, I was driving to all day from LA and had to take 89A from Flagstaff to Sedona at sunset. Mind you I been on the road all day pretty much and was very very tired. That road seemed like it would never end. Switchback after switchback. It almost made me sick. I also drove 89A from Jerome to Prescott too when I was in Arizona. Didn't seem to bad. But, I did it in the daytime. The only thing about those two lane windy roads that bug the heck out of me are the drivers who come up driving up on your bumper expecting you to go 80 mph through a narrow mountain road.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.