Crazy things you've found in Google StreetView

Started by rickmastfan67, April 07, 2010, 03:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on March 15, 2019, 07:41:43 PM
Quote from: kphoger on March 15, 2019, 01:46:22 PM
I see that stuff all over GSV.  Not crazy at all.
Might as well update the thread title.

Are you suggesting that quote should be the new title, or did you have something else in mind?  :D

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: webny99 on March 15, 2019, 07:50:13 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on March 15, 2019, 07:41:43 PM
Quote from: kphoger on March 15, 2019, 01:46:22 PM
I see that stuff all over GSV.  Not crazy at all.
Might as well update the thread title.
Are you suggesting that quote should be the new title, or did you have something else in mind?  :D

Check the title of your post. (or this post, or my previous post) :)

Michael

I just saw a post from someone on Imgur of a guy falling backwards off a set of stairs in Hoboken, NJ.

Here's the guy starting to fall, and here's the guy at the bottom of the stairs.

CNGL-Leudimin

I knew the pro-independence thing in Catalonia was crazy, but not to the point of filling the streets of a whole village with painted yellow ribbons. Notice also that sign showing the distances (in km) to several prisons around Madrid. I won't go further, as I would get banned (too political).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kphoger

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on March 25, 2019, 04:09:54 PM
I knew the pro-independence thing in Catalonia was crazy, but not to the point of filling the streets of a whole village with painted yellow ribbons. I won't go further, as I would get banned.

Tree in the central island!!!  Crash-prone roundabout!!!  Death and destruction!!!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hotdogPi

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on March 25, 2019, 04:09:54 PM
I won't go further, as I would get banned (too political).

Most of us don't have a strong opinion either way, as it's not that relevant to the US (or Canada, for Canadian members here), and it's not nearly as publicized as Brexit around here.  I don't think it would be much of a problem.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

jeffandnicole

msn.com's content is sometimes suspect, and generally filled with some clickbait thrown in.

On one of today's stories, it talks about what someone found in Google StreetView. 

And the story is about...

...someone's dog on their front lawn.

Seriously.

Oh, the head of the dog is blurred.  And there's a whole portion of the story about that.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/woman-checks-her-house-on-google-street-view-and-sees-something-hilarious/ar-BBVgzuD?ocid=ientp

kphoger

1.  This sounds like something straight out of a small-town newspaper, not a national news site.  And a good time was had by all!

2.  What's really crazy, though, is the existence of an oviparous dog.

Quote"He absolutely loves laying out in the grass..."
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Mr. Matté

Quote from: Michael on March 17, 2019, 10:53:27 PM
I just saw a post from someone on Imgur of a guy falling backwards off a set of stairs in Hoboken, NJ.

Here's the guy starting to fall, and here's the guy at the bottom of the stairs.

To put a damper on everyone's fun, here's the follow up to this scene. (It's News12 so it might be blocked if you don't have a cable login)

kphoger

Quote from: Mr. Matté on March 27, 2019, 04:34:43 PM

Quote from: Michael on March 17, 2019, 10:53:27 PM

To put a damper on everyone's fun, here's the follow up to this scene. (It's News12 so it might be blocked if you don't have a cable login)

Thanks for posting that!  It didn't put a damper on my fun, but rather I enjoyed reading a little bit about his life and that he mattered to people.
Male pronouns, please.

catch22

davewiecking

Quote from: catch22 on April 10, 2019, 07:26:45 PM
I bet this was an interesting phone call:

https://goo.gl/maps/vTwzVNQwrLR2
If you go back under the bridge and up Gabouri (not Main) a click, you can see the peeled truck off in the distance. Bridge batted it off with barely a scratch!

kphoger

Quote from: catch22 on April 10, 2019, 07:26:45 PM
I bet this was an interesting phone call:
https://goo.gl/maps/vTwzVNQwrLR2

I worked for a delivery company where a driver tore off a drive-through awning, but the damage wasn't on the truck.
Male pronouns, please.

D-Dey65

Drive west on FL 100 in Bunnell before you reach the overlap with US 1, and Google Maps points you to THE SKY!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4665436,-81.2569365,3a,60y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBdTtiQfzNscYBHtcdMNBKw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

Did one of the Google Cars get into some kind of accident that wasn't reported, or something like that?

kevinb1994

Quote from: D-Dey65 on June 25, 2019, 08:26:00 AM
Drive west on FL 100 in Bunnell before you reach the overlap with US 1, and Google Maps points you to THE SKY!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4665436,-81.2569365,3a,60y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBdTtiQfzNscYBHtcdMNBKw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

Did one of the Google Cars get into some kind of accident that wasn't reported, or something like that?
I've seen that on more than one occasion.

formulanone

I suppose the Google StreetView car clipped a low branch in West Palm Beach, carrying some foliage along Tuxedo Avenue: Link

kevinb1994

Quote from: formulanone on July 03, 2019, 06:47:11 AM
I suppose the Google StreetView car clipped a low branch in West Palm Beach, carrying some foliage along Tuxedo Avenue: Link
I didn't know that a Tuxedo Avenue existed there.

NE2

Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 03, 2019, 07:32:41 AM
I didn't know that you should fuck off. Wait...I did.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

cl94

Quote from: NE2 on July 03, 2019, 06:38:22 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 03, 2019, 07:32:41 AM
I didn't know that you should fuck off. Wait...I did.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :popcorn:
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Verlanka

I've seen that happen before.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Michael

Here's a box truck that had its rear door replaced with doors for a house.

hotdogPi

https://goo.gl/maps/o4xwxASQFV6f4qfc6

Unintentional photoshop by Google Street View: "SOW CHILDREN". What's amazing is not what the message says but that it happened entirely accidentally. It even has reasonable kerning.

(I'm pretty sure this is Google, not the sign itself.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on November 13, 2018, 08:19:58 AM
Not crazy, but one can figure the Google car, including the camera mast, is shorter than 11 ft 8 in because it fits below the Norfolk Southern/Gregson St overpass :sombrero:.

We can further constraint the size of the Google car. In addition to the above, we can figure the Google Car is (barely) narrower than 1.8 m (5 ft 11 in) because it managed to squeeze through the "Physically impossible entry" street in Granada, Spain (unless they have done that with the Trike, in which case the previous statement is null and void).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Mr. Matté

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on August 26, 2019, 03:11:27 PM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on November 13, 2018, 08:19:58 AM
Not crazy, but one can figure the Google car, including the camera mast, is shorter than 11 ft 8 in because it fits below the Norfolk Southern/Gregson St overpass :sombrero:.

We can further constraint the size of the Google car. In addition to the above, we can figure the Google Car is (barely) narrower than 1.8 m (5 ft 11 in) because it managed to squeeze through the "Physically impossible entry" street in Granada, Spain (unless they have done that with the Trike, in which case the previous statement is null and void).

As of this past Saturday, I can confirm the Streetview car, at least the one driving around western Monmouth County, NJ, is just a tealish CR-V. It passed by me whilst I was out on my bike twice (once on Millstone Road south of 33 and again on 527 near Millhurst).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.