News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

? about Traffic Control section

Started by -- US 175 --, February 19, 2023, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-- US 175 --

Can the games/challenges threads be collected into their own pinned topic section (like the state pinned topics within the regional boards)?  Just wondering, as it would be easier to see the threads specifically about traffic control that way.  Just wondering, and TIA.

Big John

This was brought up recently and the mods were against it.

Rothman

The only thing saving the forum is the fact the game threads are well-enough titled to identify them as such.

Game threads seem to take up half the new posts in a day as is.  Couldn't get much worse if a new board for them was created.

But, mods did say they were afraid even more game threads would proliferate if they were shut in their own room, so...whatever.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Roadgeekteen

The games are one of my favorite parts of this forum so I'm all for promoting them more.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

Quote from: Rothman on February 19, 2023, 01:15:29 PM
But, mods did say they were afraid even more game threads would proliferate if they were shut in their own room, so...whatever.

Under the first mod regime back in 2009 there was a game forum and this was exactly what happened, so it's not like it's a completely unfounded worry. (Then again, the staff at that time weren't particularly worried about keeping them transportation-related either, and were more than happy to start things like "Cosmic Bbar", whatever that was.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.