News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

US 71 and Future I-49

Started by shoptb1, March 11, 2010, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShawnP

So ok I have read about grubbing and work to bring 49 to the Arkansas-Louisana border. Any updates as this is a major north south route that affects us even in Kansas City.

US71

Quote from: ShawnP on May 02, 2010, 03:29:20 PM
So ok I have read about grubbing and work to bring 49 to the Arkansas-Louisana border. Any updates as this is a major north south route that affects us even in Kansas City.

Girders going up at DD/EE this past week.
Preliminary design approved for Route D near Rich Hill

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ShawnP

I will be driving that way later today for a quick visit to NW Arkansas. Anyone think that MODOT should build their side of the Bella Vista Bypass now while road building rates are cheaper? I say yes as eventually Arkansas will get it's act together and build their side. Any money saved should go to finish I-49 up to the KC line.

lamsalfl

Quote from: US71 on May 02, 2010, 10:47:12 PM

where is all this?

Fixed quote - rmf67

US71

Quote from: lamsalfl on May 03, 2010, 02:07:16 AM
Quote from: US71 on May 02, 2010, 10:47:12 PM

where is all this?

Fixed quote - rmf67

US 71 in Missouri, north of Carthage.

US71

Quote from: ShawnP on May 03, 2010, 02:01:07 AM
I will be driving that way later today for a quick visit to NW Arkansas. Anyone think that MODOT should build their side of the Bella Vista Bypass now while road building rates are cheaper? I say yes as eventually Arkansas will get it's act together and build their side. Any money saved should go to finish I-49 up to the KC line.
The money that MoDOT had set aside for I-49 supposedly got shifted elsewhere when they found Arkansas wasn't ready.

US71

Quote from: shoptb1 on April 27, 2010, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: bugo on April 27, 2010, 07:35:24 PM
Originally an Arkansan?  If you're born in Arkansas, you're an Arkansan for life.

Although my Ohio driver's license disagrees, the Razorback stickers on my car totally agrees :)

But to be from Western Arkansas, you need another sticker:
I Drive US 71 in Arkansas
Pray for me

shoptb1

Quote from: US71 on May 03, 2010, 09:27:53 AM
But to be from Western Arkansas, you need another sticker:
I Drive US 71 in Arkansas
Pray for me

I actually remember the "Pray for me...I drive Highway 16 East" when I lived in Fayetteville...that stretch used to be terrible!  Of course, before I-540, US 71 between Alma and Fayetteville was terrible too!  Wow, those were the days.

US71

Quote from: shoptb1 on May 03, 2010, 10:39:11 AM

I actually remember the "Pray for me...I drive Highway 16 East" when I lived in Fayetteville...that stretch used to be terrible!  Of course, before I-540, US 71 between Alma and Fayetteville was terrible too!  Wow, those were the days.

16 is better. Many of the old bridges have been replaced or bypassed. It still washes out, though, as it did 2 years ago

But then, so does 71 ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.