News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Where are tne personal message notifications?

Started by hbelkins, Today at 03:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

I got an email that I had received a personal message, but I don't see the option on the home page to access it. There used to be a "My Messages" notification on the home screen, but it's not there now.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: hbelkins on Today at 03:14:35 PMI got an email that I had received a personal message, but I don't see the option on the home page to access it. There used to be a "My Messages" notification on the home screen, but it's not there now.

Top of the screen near the left for me.

1995hoo

Quote from: hbelkins on Today at 03:14:35 PMI got an email that I had received a personal message, but I don't see the option on the home page to access it. There used to be a "My Messages" notification on the home screen, but it's not there now.

On my screen it's directly above the AARoads Forum logo. I haven't received a PM since the forum redesign, so I don't know whether there's still a pop-up notification, but the most direct way to access the messages is almost certainly via the link located above the logo. I assume if you have a message it'll display the number of new messages to the right of that link in a blue circle. The reason I assume that is because at the moment, mine is showing a blue circle with a "1" next to the "Alerts" link, so I'd guess the PMs work the same way.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

hotdogPi

I've received two, even though I've been quoted a lot more than two times.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.