News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hardy Downtown Connector

Started by FreewayDan, March 09, 2011, 11:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreewayDan

Now that the northeast segment of the Sam Houston Tollway is finished, HCTRA seems to be on track to extend the Hardy Toll Road into downtown Houston.

https://www.hctra.org/hardyconnector/

This extension will have only one exit between I-610 and I-10/US 59 interchange.  It will have one mainlane tolling location. 
LEFT ON GREEN
ARROW ONLY

mightyace

Geez, HCTRA used an I-59 shield for US 59!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

MaxConcrete

At one time the extension was planned to be toll-free. I remember it was described as a long entrance ramp. But, I had not seen or heard any reports that it will be free for many years. And looking at the FAQ, it states that it will be tolled.

According to the schedule, work should already be in progress. Is there any work in progress?

If it is going to be completed in 2012, they better start soon.
www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

Revive 755

I'm impressed that this project is actually alive.  That would be a fairly dense cluster of north-south freeway grade facilities.

Sykotyk

It's needed, I-45 from downtown needs the relief.

FreewayDan

Quote from: MaxConcrete on March 16, 2011, 11:02:06 PM
At one time the extension was planned to be toll-free. I remember it was described as a long entrance ramp. But, I had not seen or heard any reports that it will be free for many years. And looking at the FAQ, it states that it will be tolled.

According to the schedule, work should already be in progress. Is there any work in progress?

If it is going to be completed in 2012, they better start soon.

From a 1996 HCTRA brochure, the Hardy extension was proposed as the Maury Street Expressway.
LEFT ON GREEN
ARROW ONLY

NE2

Is this the end for the Elysian Street Viaduct?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Anthony_JK

Quote from: FreewayDan on March 17, 2011, 08:32:57 PM

From a 1996 HCTRA brochure, the Hardy extension was proposed as the Maury Street Expressway.

I assume that it was originally proposed as a free facility, but then financial reality set in, and HCTRA took over control and will build it as an extension of the Hardy Toll Road.

Connectors to US 59 were already built as part of the overhaul of the I-10/US 59 interchange, and the UPRR line had to be realigned to make sufficient ROW for the facility..so it should be a quick overhaul to construct the remaining facility.

Only questions I have: Will there be any direct connectors to/from the south to I-610??  And...when will they finish the direct connectors between the Hardy and the Sam Houston Tollway??

Anthony

FreewayDan

Quote from: Anthony_JK on March 17, 2011, 11:44:19 PM
Only questions I have: Will there be any direct connectors to/from the south to I-610??  And...when will they finish the direct connectors between the Hardy and the Sam Houston Tollway??

According to HCTRA's website, I don't think they're planning for that. https://www.hctra.org/about_construction/

Let's not forget the unsigned Spur 548, the short TxDOT maintained freeway between I-610 and Crosstimbers Road.  When the Hardy extension was planned as a freeway, I assumed it would take on the Spur 548 number.
LEFT ON GREEN
ARROW ONLY

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.