News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

RIP Frank Thomas (not The Big Hurt)

Started by Henry, January 20, 2023, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

The "original" Frank Thomas (who starred on the Mets in their expansion season of 1962) died on Monday at the age of 93. I intentionally gave him that label to disambiguate from the better-known White Sox slugger (who is alive and well), even though this one was no light-hitter either. (In fact, he hit 34 HRs to lead that awful Mets team, and it remained a team record until 1975.) And here's a fun fact: He played for the Cubs during his final season in 1966 (25 years before the White Sox version debuted), so both Frank Thomases played in Chicago at some point in their careers.

https://sportsnaut.com/original-met-frank-thomas-passes-away-at-93/
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Flint1979

Frank Thomas, the White Sox player was my favorite player growing up. However, RIP to the older Frank Thomas who just passed away.

JoePCool14

Thank you for clarifying it wasn't the Sox's Frank Thomas. That would've surprised me if it was.

Regardless, rest in peace, Frank.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.