News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New member in Maryland

Started by Eth, April 06, 2010, 10:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eth

I've been lurking around the place for about six weeks now, so I figure I might as well introduce myself to everyone.

I've been a roadgeek since I was about five or so, though for a little over a decade I figured I was the only one.  I spent large portions of my childhood drawing maps and "artist's interpretations" of real and fictional highways (sadly, none of the drawings survive).  I discovered the online community around 2003 or so and realized that I was nowhere near as alone as I'd previously believed.

I currently reside in the Washington, DC metro area, but I just moved here less than a year ago.  Before that, I spent the first 22 years of my life in metro Atlanta.  Most of my road-related expertise is in metro Atlanta, the Florida panhandle (where some of my relatives moved when I was about six), and points in between.

Alex

Welcome to the group!

Many of us thought we were the only road enthusiasts out there, especially in the days before the internet...

Alps

Welcome - but - no Baltimore road meet for you Eth?

froggie

Greetings from the other side of the Beltway...

MDRoads

...and welcome from the far side of the other Beltway.

algorerhythms

... and from formerly-from-Maryland but now from halfway across the country.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.