News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Kent County, MI question

Started by ce929wax, April 18, 2019, 12:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ce929wax

When I take trips to my grandma's house in Zeeland, I usually go through Kent County at least one way.  I have been seeing these blue signs along Division and 84th street that have something like B23-20-14 on them.  Are those part of the Grand Rapids bus system or are they something completely different?

JREwing78

That sounds like the inventory markers for light poles and such

NE2

Can you give an example in Google street view, or at least an intersection where we can find one?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brandon

Quote from: ce929wax on April 18, 2019, 12:29:56 AM
When I take trips to my grandma's house in Zeeland, I usually go through Kent County at least one way.  I have been seeing these blue signs along Division and 84th street that have something like B23-20-14 on them.  Are those part of the Grand Rapids bus system or are they something completely different?

Like these? https://goo.gl/maps/XNHnsoFAWqKhEqeT7
They look like they're marking the hydrants.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Terry Shea

Quote from: Brandon on April 19, 2019, 07:15:24 PM

Isn't that a dogs job? :)

ce929wax

I guess I don't understand why someone thought this was a good use of public dollars to mark fire hydrants.  Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Verlanka

Quote from: Terry Shea on April 20, 2019, 09:34:25 PM
Quote from: Brandon on April 19, 2019, 07:15:24 PM

Isn't that a dogs job? :)
More like a firefighter's job. :-D

rawmustard

Quote from: ce929wax on April 20, 2019, 11:29:59 PM
I guess I don't understand why someone thought this was a good use of public dollars to mark fire hydrants.  Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Probably to keep an accurate inventory. It also helps in identification in case of emergencies.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.