News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US 87 Tom Green County, Tx

Started by BigMattFromTexas, August 12, 2009, 06:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

Here in San Angelo, Tx, TxDOT recently repaved most of US 87. They used normal rocks :ded: but it looks fine. They had recenly just sealed to cracks with tar, which is fine up till a certan point. US 87(Bryant Blvd) is a eight lane divided highway in San Angelo, Tx and it is one of the busiest highways in San Angelo, which explains why they had to seal it with tar so many times. Comments?
BigMatt

Scott5114

Not really regarding US 87, but Tom Green County has one of the most ridiculous county shapes that I've seen.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Chris

Yeah it's weird... They probably wanted to copy the Oklahoma panhandle.  :-P

njroadhorse

It sticks out like a sore thumb.  They're all box-shaped counties, and then comes Tom Green County. :pan:
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

andytom

Ward county (Minot), ND is the same way except it's got a knob on the end of the stick-out from the NW corner.

--Andy

BigMattFromTexas

^^ I think Tom Green County looks kinda cool :-D
BigMatt

FLRoads

I am sure the reason for the irregular shape of the county has to do with various land ownership disputes over land boundaries, as has been the case over the centuries in this country. Either that or when the surveyors (or scurveyors as I call them) were laying out the final carved out counties they screwed up and placed the monumentation in the wrong location (it wouldn't be the first time a scurveyor has done that, and it won't be the last...). I should know, I work with them :-D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.