AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 02:23:57 PM 
Started by Grzrd - Last post by Thegeet
Indeed. Before they construct, TxDOT performs what is called a utility coordination. They relocate power lines and drainage systems if any. It is usually performed before or on the date of letting.

on: Today at 02:13:49 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by jeffandnicole
Short question to ask, but ever since the 16/18 E toll plaza reconstruction, have they re-instated the 16 E toll for those wanting to exit onto NJ 3 / Paterson Plank Rd, or do they still pay the full 18 E toll? Remember hearing there was some kind of compromise in the works to allow certain E-ZPass transponders in certain cities to get the 16 E toll than 18 W but donít know the full semantics of it.

The discounted toll was approved in February, starting in March or April ( https://www.njta.com/media/6545/minutes-bm-02-22-2022.pdf , Page 21 of the PDF ). It only applies if your EZ Pass account address is in one of 9 specific municipalities and contains one of 20 specific Zip codes, as shown on Page 29 of that PDF link.

on: Today at 01:44:33 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by thspfc
Aaron Rodgers. IMO, the more deserving person who should have won the NFL MVP in 2021 is Cooper Kupp of the Rams.
MVP stands for ďMost Valuable PlayerĒ. Who is more valuable to their team?

on: Today at 01:34:28 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by fwydriver405
Short question to ask, but ever since the 16/18 E toll plaza reconstruction, have they re-instated the 16 E toll for those wanting to exit onto NJ 3 / Paterson Plank Rd, or do they still pay the full 18 E toll? Remember hearing there was some kind of compromise in the works to allow certain E-ZPass transponders in certain cities to get the 16 E toll than 18 W but donít know the full semantics of it.

on: Today at 01:30:41 PM 
Started by thenetwork - Last post by thenetwork
One of my faves in central Colorado is Beau Jo's.  They have several locations serving Colorado Mountain (Pizza) Pies.  If dining in, the standard practice is to dribble honey on your pizza crust (or over the whole thing).

on: Today at 01:27:05 PM 
Started by BigMattFromTexas - Last post by Stephane Dumas
Well, I'm glad to see the Battle of Alberta between the Flames and Oilers back. The last time that happened was in 1991!

on: Today at 01:24:53 PM 
Started by Crash_It - Last post by Crash_It
The only neighborhood in Chicago with any type of hills that can actually be considered hills and not just a little bump in the street is Beverly and the only county in Illinois with any type of hills that can actually be considered hills is the same county I've mentioned before (Jo Daviess).

Jo Daviess isn't the only county in Illinois that's hilly. I don't know how many times I have to say this.
Say it some more because yes it is. I mean seriously how is it so hard to just admit that Illinois is not hilly? Why is that so hard for you to admit? Obviously you are the one that doesn't know much about Illinois.

I actually live here, how are you going to tell me? I've showed you plenty of areas in other counties that are hilly and you still don't get it. I'll show you again. Here's some hilly terrain in Lake County on a road that I drive on every single day. Alot more than you have

https://maps.app.goo.gl/tJyXBCnkPsuwmGnS6
I don't care where you live. I have lived in Illinois in my lifetime and know plenty about the state. How am I going to tell you? You tried telling me about the terrain of Saginaw County, Michigan a county which you have admitted that you have never been to so how are you going to tell me about Saginaw County? You haven't shown anything, you even tried to argue that Illinois isn't the second flattest state when indeed it's been studied that it is. And don't tell me that you've driven on a road a lot more than I have when you have no idea where I've been, when I've been there and how long I was there for. It's pretty obvious that you are on here just to argue with people that don't agree with things you say. Don't ever say you've been somewhere a lot more than I have when my travels dominate yours.

If you lived here or even driven any kind of length here then you would know that there are more counties that aren't flat. I would go on a limb and say that there are at least 60 counties in this state that have some kind of hilly terrain. I think I've visited about 40 of them so far and of those 40, there are maybe only 3 that I can say are flat.

on: Today at 01:09:27 PM 
Started by snowc - Last post by zachary_amaryllis
I live near Hampden and Buckley in Aurora, CO. Northwest side of that intersection. Someone is welcome to come find me.

On topic, I'm hopefully getting a new roof soon due to wind damage (found when I had my solar consultants up on the roof).

10 miles up poudre canyon. címon up.

on: Today at 01:03:27 PM 
Started by KCRoadFan - Last post by zachary_amaryllis
Virginia has a secondary state road 666 near Smithfield. Goes to the packing plants from the VA-10 bypass.

In theory Virginia has 94 secondary route 666s.

One county signs it differently, though.  This is in Frederick County and has been signed like this at least 12 years:

I figured there would be more than one. Itís been a long time since Iíve been there, and thatís the only one that Iíve personally seen. I do like that weird way of signing it, though.

on: Today at 12:59:47 PM 
Started by edwaleni - Last post by US71
The rule of ARDOT: if a US highway runs concurrent with an interstate highway, there shall be no mention of the US highway's existence (with the exception of I-530's very southern end mentioning I-530/US 63/US 65/US 79).
]
Overheads must be an exception.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.