News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Team Nicknames you have

Started by roadman65, October 08, 2019, 06:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

NY Yankees are "The Stankees"

The New Orleans Saints when they have a bad season are the "Aints."

Let's keep if friendly please.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

thspfc

40whiners, but that doesn't really work now that Harbaugh is out of there.

renegade

From the "in b4 lock"  file:

When they were still playing in the Silverdome, the Detroit Lions were referred to as the Pontiac Tampons, because they were only good for one period, and they didn't have a second string.

:-o
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: renegade on October 08, 2019, 08:11:53 PM
From the "in b4 lock"  file:

When they were still playing in the Silverdome, the Detroit Lions were referred to as the Pontiac Tampons, because they were only good for one period, and they didn't have a second string.

:-o

Heh...calling the Lions that got me and my Dad in trouble plenty of times with my Mom back in the 1980s/90s.  I'll never understand how the Lions manage to consistently be the most popular team in the City (granted they are best professional team these days) when the Pistons, Tigers and Red Wings all won at least one championship since 1984. 

Speaking of the Red Wings I'm surprised that "Dead Wings"  hasn't become popular again since the team has sucked the last couple years.

hbelkins

Cincinnati Bungles

North Carolina Tar Holes

Marshall Blundering Turd

Alabama Crimson Turd

Puke Blue Devils

Dallas Cowgirls

Also, Shrub for Kyle Busch

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jp the roadgeek

The Yankmees (sometimes preceded or followed by an expletive), or Spankmees
The Cowgirls, or Joneses
Puke (the Evil Empire of college basketball)
The New York Mess
The New York Jest
The Racistskins
The Squealers, or Swillers
The Filthadelphia <insert team name>
Les Nats du Washington
Little Sisters of the Poor, Baltimore Chapter (for the O's)
The Devil Dogs, or the Triple A Double A's
The Twinkies, or the Yankee <insert word for female dogs>
The Clowns

Even have names for my teams when they tank:

The Ruins
The Red Sux or Dead Sox
The Suckits (Celtics)
The Giant Disaster
The Patsies
The UFraud Suckies (my college team; I borrow the O's name and substitute "Storrs" for the football team)
An oldie but goodie: The Failers
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

KeithE4Phx

Chicago "Flubs"
Seattle "Seachickens"
Minnesota "Viqueens"
Anything I put up here that references that football team in Green Bay WI will get me banned.  :-D
San Francisco "Phony-Whiners"
Dallas "Cowgirls"
New England "Patsies" (at least before Belichick and Brady arrived)
Purdue "Boilerfakers"
University of Arizona "Tucson Mildrats", as opposed to the University of Kentucky's "Lexington Mildrats"  :)

Last, and certainly least, there's the Big Ten school that not only do I refuse to mention by their real name, but wouldn't root for if they were playing the Taliban:  THE Columbus Suckeyes.  :bigass:
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: KeithE4Phx on October 08, 2019, 08:45:41 PM
Anything I put up here that references that football team in Green Bay WI will get me banned.  :-D

I've probably heard every last one of being from the Detroit area.  The fans that usually got it the worst were the ban wagon Packers fans that followed the other Detroit teams.

KeithE4Phx

Quote from: KeithE4Phx on October 08, 2019, 08:45:41 PM
Chicago "Flubs"

Completely Useless By September
Chicago's Ugly Baseball Scrubs
Crying Until Bears Season
Can Usually Be Swept
Could U Be Suckier?

:)
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

1995hoo

VPI Chokies
Maryland Twerps or Turds
UNC Tar Holes
Atlanta Squaws (MLB team)
Dallas Cowshits
Pittsburgh Penis (NHL team)
Philadelphia Philthies (MLB team, though it really describes their fans!)
New York Mess (MLB team)

I've heard people in New York use an extremely offensive racist nickname for the NBA team that plays at Madison Square Garden. I won't repeat it.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

thspfc

Oh my goodness, dallas cowgirls, so funny and original hahahahahahaha  :pan:

Alps

Boston Red Sux, Cheatriots or *s, Ruins
Notre Shame
Ohio (this is the Big 10 college)
Philly Cryers
Fake M- (Michigan State)

ce929wax

I used to call the Dallas Cowboys, the Dallas Brokebacks to annoy the locals when I lived in Texas, although I was secretly a Cowboy fan, I did it because the local DFW area fans are kind of pathetic.  I had one neighbor that would come out of his apartment and scream his fool head off if the Boys won OR lost. 

I've called the Lions the Pussies/Pussycats and the Tennessee Vols the "Volunqueers", even though I am/was secretly a fan because the Vols fans in Knoxville are much like the Cowboy fans in DFW.  I have also referred to the Packers as the Fudgepackers and the Vikings as the "Viqueens."  I have also referred to the Buckeyes as the "Suck/Fuck"eyes.

I think that is about all I can think of.  Every other team I am pretty neutral towards.

english si

4 of the top 6 Premier League Teams: Cheatski, Spuds, Arses, Manure.

Stephane Dumas

I heard of a time when the Detroit Red Wings was called the Dead Wings.

GaryV

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on October 09, 2019, 07:31:30 AM
I heard of a time when the Detroit Red Wings was called the Dead Wings.
Or Dead Things

CNGL-Leudimin

Patético and "Pathetic" for Atlético de Madrid and Athletic Bilbao respectively. And in general Patético (lit. "Pathetic") for any team that has Atlético in its name.

I've heard Real Mandril ("Real Mandrill") for Real Madrid and Farsa ("Hoax") for Barça too.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

hotdogPi

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 09, 2019, 07:52:12 AM
Patético and Pathetic for Atlético de Madrid and Athletic Bilbao respectively. And in general Patético (lit. "Pathetic") for any team that has Atlético in its name.

I've heard Real Mandril ("Real Mandrill") for Real Madrid and Farsa ("Hoax") for Barça too.

What about Fake Madrid?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

CNGL-Leudimin

Damn you fast, quoting a post while I was editing it, so now what is quoted doesn't match with what is written in the original.

It's obvious why I've never heard "Fake" Madrid, that is a first for me.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

roadman65

Not by me but coworkers who had a friendly rivalry  between them used the Golphins ( A Buffalo Bills fan to our Chef from Miami)  for the Dolphins and the Buffalo Jills to  Bob the Bills fan. :D

Winnipeg was Lose A Peg when their present (or former as I am not into the NHL) team the Jets, by my friend in Fort Myers. :sombrero:

The Deadskins was another directed to my former supervisor who was a die hard Washington Redskins fan. :bigass:
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Henry

This is a list of all 30 derogatory names for the MLB teams I could think of, grouped by division:

Baltimore Sorryoles, Boston Red Sux, New York Stankees, Tampa Bay Drearies, Toronto Blow Jays
Chicago White Sux, Cleveland Shitholes, Detroit Kitty Cats, Kansas City Princesses, Minnesota Twinkies
Houston Assholes, Los Angeles Devils, Oakland F's, Seattle Scaryners, Texas Stinkers

Atlanta Scareds, Miami Fire Sale, New York Mess, Philadelphia Philthies, Washington Expos
Chicago Scrubs, Cincinnati Blues, Milwaukee Pukers, Pittsburgh Cheapos, St. Louis Evil Empire
Arizona Diamondfucks, Colorado Suckies, Los Angeles Bums, San Diego Mexicans, San Francisco Midgets
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

jp the roadgeek

We all know what Bills stands for: Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.  A Bills fan I know calls the Patriots the Patricias. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

akotchi

The few that I like to use when the two teams I follow the most are not doing well . . .

Nitwits (PSU)
F-ing A's (especially during Wild Card season)
The (Oakland) Pathetics
The (Oakland) A**holes
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

hbelkins

Quote from: Alps on October 09, 2019, 12:41:13 AM
Cheatriots

I forgot that one in my list.

Quote from: ce929wax on October 09, 2019, 01:08:04 AM
the Tennessee Vols the "Volunqueers"

Nothing sucks like a big orange. I have used the above term myself, but opted not to post it because, well, you know, certain types might accuse me of homophobia or bigotry or something. But since you blazed that trail.

Also, staying in that state, Vanderbilt Commode Doors.

There was a bumper sticker that made the rounds in these parts a few years ago that poked fun of Louisville, Duke (particularly Grayson Allen) and North Carolina. "Strippers, Trippers, and Class Skippers."

Also, "The Good (UK), The Bad (Louisville), and The Ugly (Tennessee.)"

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

ozarkman417

Historically my family has been Cubs fans and called them the "Lovable Losers", though they have been stepping up the game more recently.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.