News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Minor things that bother you

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, November 27, 2019, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Quote from: index on May 17, 2022, 08:48:32 AM
People projecting their obsessions on to you!

(In the absence of professional advice.)

Standard Disclaimer, yada yada yada.

snowc

My watch return required me to exchange for a different item. I wanted to refund it to my card, but no!
Bryce

Max Rockatansky

"Worst ever"  seems a little harsh.  How much research did you do before you came to the conclusion Amazon was the worst store ever?

kphoger

I shouldn't have even expected to get my money back for a "no longer needed" return...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

snowc

Quote from: kphoger on May 18, 2022, 10:29:45 AM
I shouldn't have even expected to get my money back for a "no longer needed" return...
I agree with you.
But Amazon was greedy enough to require an exchange.
Bryce

snowc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 18, 2022, 10:23:52 AM
"Worst ever"  seems a little harsh.  How much research did you do before you came to the conclusion Amazon was the worst store ever?
https://www.businessinsider.com/work-at-amazon-jobs-performance-reviews-hiring-firing-interviews-warehouses-delivery-drivers
The link above is where Amazon is the worst place to work.
Bryce

kphoger

Quote from: snowc on May 18, 2022, 10:31:49 AM

I agree with you.
But Amazon was greedy enough to require an exchange.

Huh?

Look, if I were to buy an activity fitness tracker, then decide I didn't want need it anymore, I shouldn't expect the store to even accept it as a return at all.  There's nothing wrong with it, and I've already used it, so why should I expect them to take it back?  The fact that they're taking it back at all is un-greedy of them.  Having stipulations about how to pay out your refund (cash back on your card, gift card sent in the mail, item exchange, free monthly chewing gum subscription service–whatever–is totally understandable.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on May 18, 2022, 10:32:47 AM
https://www.businessinsider.com/work-at-amazon-jobs-performance-reviews-hiring-firing-interviews-warehouses-delivery-drivers
Bryce

But that wasn't the conclusion you came to.  In your analysis you concluded Amazon was the store ever.  Please expound upon on the calculus you used to conclude that in all of human history that Amazon is the absolute worst there has been.

snowc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 18, 2022, 10:40:36 AM
Bryce

But that wasn't the conclusion you came to.  In your analysis you concluded Amazon was the store ever.  Please expound upon on the calculus you used to conclude that in all of human history that Amazon is the absolute worst there has been.
Ok, I will remove that statement. -BM

kphoger

In your analysis you concluded Amazon was the store ever.  Please expound upon on the calculus you used to conclude that in all of human history that Amazon is the absolute worst there has been.

It's possible he employed a literary device known as hyperbole...
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on May 18, 2022, 10:49:42 AM
In your analysis you concluded Amazon was the store ever.  Please expound upon on the calculus you used to conclude that in all of human history that Amazon is the absolute worst there has been.

It's possible he employed a literary device known as hyperbole...

It certainly is "possible"  but...

wanderer2575

I wonder how many people bitching about Jeff Bezos' wealth and Amazon's treatment of employees also continue to purchase from the company.

hbelkins

I recently returned something to Amazon as "no longer needed." I don't know that I had the option to denote whether the item had been opened or not, but it had not been opened (it was Feliway and we bought it to calm a temperamental cat who ended up dying unexpectedly). I was given the refund option, but had to pay for the return shipping, and that amount was deducted from the refund.

I note the above says the exchange is "suggested." Were any attempts made to request a refund rather than accept the default exchange?

If the item has been opened and used and you just don't want it anymore, they'll have to take the loss on it and an exchange is actually quite generous of them.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bulldog1979

abefroman329

Quote from: wanderer2575 on May 18, 2022, 11:06:43 AMI wonder how many people bitching about Jeff Bezos' wealth and Amazon's treatment of employees also continue to purchase from the company.
Well, I certainly spend a hell of a lot less at Amazon than I did a few years ago, but getting it down to $0 is a bit of a challenge.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: wanderer2575 on May 18, 2022, 11:06:43 AM
I wonder how many people bitching about Jeff Bezos' wealth and Amazon's treatment of employees also continue to purchase from the company.

Probably not many.  It never really stopped many people from shopping at Walmart either when similar issues have come up regarding employee treatment. 

jakeroot

Makes no difference on Amazon, it's just for their data. You can return literally anything within 30-60 days for any reason, without question.

I don't think snowc scrolled far enough, exchanging is never the only option.

kphoger

Quote from: jakeroot on May 18, 2022, 01:15:16 PM

Makes no difference on Amazon, it's just for their data. You can return literally anything within 30-60 days for any reason, without question.

I don't think snowc scrolled far enough, exchanging is never the only option.

Oh, I figured Amazon had some sort of policy like that.  I didn't really mean Amazon specifically, though.  I mean that, as a consumer, my general expectation is that a store won't take back an item I've already used just because I find it "no longer needed".  To call a company that does so "worst ever" shows a lack of reasonable expectations.
Male pronouns, please.

Takumi

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 18, 2022, 12:49:17 PM
Quote from: wanderer2575 on May 18, 2022, 11:06:43 AMI wonder how many people bitching about Jeff Bezos' wealth and Amazon's treatment of employees also continue to purchase from the company.
Well, I certainly spend a hell of a lot less at Amazon than I did a few years ago, but getting it down to $0 is a bit of a challenge.
I haven't intentionally bought from Amazon in quite some time, but I'm sure I still inadvertently buy things from places that use them as a middleman or use AWS hosting.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Takumi on May 18, 2022, 01:55:13 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on May 18, 2022, 12:49:17 PM
I haven't intentionally bought from Amazon in quite some time, but I'm sure I still inadvertently buy things from places that use them as a middleman or use AWS hosting.

It's way too easier to walk out of my security office at the Base Exchange and get what I need while working.  The fact that I didn't have an Amazon account vexed my now wife when I first dated her.

Scott5114

Quote from: snowc on May 18, 2022, 10:45:31 AM
Bryce

Ok, I will remove that statement. -BM

It's kind of odd how instead of defending an unpopular opinion you hold, you just delete it. Do you actually have any strong beliefs about anything, or could we get you to delete anything you say just by disagreeing with you strongly enough?

Quote from: bulldog1979 on May 18, 2022, 11:37:44 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on March 07, 2021, 03:53:02 PM

"...or else you're getting a ticket!"

Does the threat of a bad rating on DoorDash count as a ticket? :P
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

^^^

So basically the exact opposite approach to arguments that a certain flat lander would take?  Despite what snowc said, he never actually did delete his Amazon post.

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 18, 2022, 05:38:08 PM
^^^

So basically the exact opposite approach to arguments that a certain flat lander would take?  Despite what snowc said, he never actually did delete his Amazon post.

He edited his first post to remove any claim that Amazon was the worst store ever.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 18, 2022, 05:40:26 PM
^^^

He edited his first post to remove any claim that Amazon was the worst store ever.

I see now, I'm not sure why he would bother given the claim of "worst store ever"  context is preserved in the replies? 

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 18, 2022, 05:43:24 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 18, 2022, 05:40:26 PM
^^^

I see now, I'm not sure why he would bother given the claim of "worst store ever"  context is preserved in the replies? 

I don't really get the impression that Bryce normally thinks things through before committing to doing something.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.