News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Old mileposts on Old US 6 (pics)

Started by Kniwt, September 11, 2020, 10:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kniwt

I've been exploring the old alignment of US 6 in eastern Utah this week. Today, I was surprised to find a series of old mileposts still standing in the last five miles before the Colorado border. MP 201 was the only one that was still clearly legible, but MP 202-205 were all still there. The mileage appears to be from the junction with old US 91 in Spanish Fork.

And right at the state line, a bonus: what appears to be an original "Federal-Aid Project" marker, pointing into Colorado.

ClassicHasClass

Max Rockatansky

I'm pretty sure there are some leftover post miles near Cisco and Thompson Springs also.
...or at least I remember them there. 

Rover_0

I wonder if that old milepost is representative of old SR-8, which I believe started at the US-6/91 junction in Spanish Fork.

Either way, that's fascinating!
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

US 89

Quote from: Rover_0 on September 14, 2020, 02:36:26 PM
I wonder if that old milepost is representative of old SR-8, which I believe started at the US-6/91 junction in Spanish Fork.

At the time that road was SR 8, it would have begun at the US 89/91 junction in Springville. That was originally the Main Street/400 South intersection, but shifted slightly south to what's now the US 89/SR 51 interchange when that grade separation was completed in 1959.

I'll have to check these out next time I'm down there. I'm curious if any other old alignments in the state still have their old mile markers.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.