News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Bridges you've walked across

Started by kurumi, June 03, 2010, 12:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 12, 2020, 03:51:12 PM
I recently walked over the Wawona Covered Bridge while hiking out in Yosemite. 

Shoot, I've been across that numerous times.  Didn't know you could count it.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

rte66man

Quote from: cl94 on March 28, 2020, 05:04:49 PM
I can add the Forth Road Bridge, Humber Bridge (part), and George Washington Bridge to the list of major bridges I have crossed on foot.

New Forth or old Forth (or Queensbury RR for that matter)?

-Yogi Berra

rte66man

Lived in London for nearly 7 years so I've walked across all of the major Thames River bridges west from Tower Bridge to Battersea.  Since that was many years ago, that doesn't include the pedestrian bridge the Death Eaters destroyed in Half-Blood Prince  :bigass: :bigass:

-Yogi Berra

bulldog1979

Last fall, I walked across Harvard Bridgetma from Cambridge to Boston. From there, we continued southward across the Mass Pike before circling back to hit the T.

wanderer2575

I posted this in "Michigan Notes" on on the Midwest board a couple days ago, but will repeat here:

The 2020 Labor Day Mackinac Bridge Walk has been cancelled due to the pandemic.  It's partly about concerns with maintaining social distancing, and partly that bridge toll revenues are obviously in significant decline and the funding isn't available to cover the $300,000 in expenses.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdot/Mackinac_Bridge_annual_walk_2020_suspended_May_2020_690524_7.pdf

Max Rockatansky

Walked across the bridge at Stevenson Creek Falls on Million Dollar Road yesterday:

0 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Max Rockatansky

A new one for me today: the 1958 Wishon Dam spillway bridge.  I also hiked across the 1938 Dinkey Creek Bridge again earlier in the day.  The latter is notable since it's likely the only wooden truss bridge ever built in California. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.