News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

When Officially was US 52 realigned from Dubuque to Vienna?

Started by roadman65, March 28, 2022, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

My 2021 Atlas still shows US 52 paired with IA 3 between those two cities. I assume the change was very recent?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

JoePCool14

The change was recent. It was shifted over after construction on the SW Arterial was completed to create the brand-new, no going through downtown Dubuque alignment. It changed been within the last couple years. It was at the same time IA-32 was deleted and IA-3's eastern terminus was moved to the intersection with the NW Arterial.

It's fair that a 2021 atlas would still have the old alignment. But any 2022 publications should in theory have it corrected.

EDIT: I asked about it in the Iowa Notes thread back in July 2021.
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=22478.msg2641283#msg2641283

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

iowahighways

Quote from: JoePCool14 on March 28, 2022, 02:35:35 PM
The change was recent. It was shifted over after construction on the SW Arterial was completed to create the brand-new, no going through downtown Dubuque alignment. It changed been within the last couple years. It was at the same time IA-32 was deleted and IA-3's eastern terminus was moved to the intersection with the NW Arterial.

It's fair that a 2021 atlas would still have the old alignment. But any 2022 publications should in theory have it corrected.

The Southwest Arterial opened in August 2020, which was when US 52 was moved onto US 20 and IA 136. Whatever remaining signs there were along IA 3 and US 61/151 were taken down by early 2021.

On that note, IA 136 no longer overlaps US 52 between Luxemburg and Dyersville, despite what the most recent Street View images of the area show. Last December, the Dubuque County Board of Supervisors agreed to change rural street addresses along the segment in question, which was the hurdle in removing that overlap. I drove part of it through Dyersville earlier this month and the IA 136 signs have been taken down.
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

froggie

Quote from: iowahighways on March 28, 2022, 06:41:23 PM
On that note, IA 136 no longer overlaps US 52 between Luxemburg and Dyersville, despite what the most recent Street View images of the area show. Last December, the Dubuque County Board of Supervisors agreed to change rural street addresses along the segment in question, which was the hurdle in removing that overlap. I drove part of it through Dyersville earlier this month and the IA 136 signs have been taken down.

Presuming you're referring to December, 2021.  I noticed it was still signed in August.

DandyDan

It was rerouted between Dubuque and Luxemburg, actually. Just curious, what happened to the Luxemburg bypass now that US 52 isn't on it anymore? Was that ever an official state highway? I drove it once in 2018.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

JoePCool14

Quote from: DandyDan on March 30, 2022, 06:38:12 AM
It was rerouted between Dubuque and Luxemburg, actually. Just curious, what happened to the Luxemburg bypass now that US 52 isn't on it anymore? Was that ever an official state highway? I drove it once in 2018.

Are you referring to that little angled piece on the northeast side of the corner in town? It's still there and recently resurfaced actually. When going westbound on IA-3, the sign is there for US-52 to the right at the intersection. Adding a north sign would probably make it more accurate. There was still a US-52 trailblazer actually on the angle as well, with no direction.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.