News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Describe the plot of a movie

Started by Max Rockatansky, May 04, 2022, 05:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

The Santa Clause

-  Tim Allen (aka Scott Calvin) is a egotistical toy executive who infamously treats his son Tim Allen Jr. (aka Charlie) to holiday dinners at Denny's.  On Christmas Eve Tim Allen hears what he believes to be an intruder on the roof and murders him, only to learn that it is Santa.  While gloating over the corpse of Santa, Tim Allen tries his coat on and unknowingly signs a contractual clause to become the next Santa.  Tim Allen spends the majority of the film fighting against the horrific transformation into Santa while his world crumbles around him.  When Tim Allen's ex-wife tries to take Tim Allen Jr. away he gives into the dark powers of Christmas and fully transforms into Santa.  In a display of power Tim Allen kidnaps Tim Allen Jr. as he evades capture through space and time while delivering presents to the entire world.  Satisfied in his revenge against his ex-wife Tim Allen returns Tim Allen Jr. so he can reign supreme over the elf's of the North Pole.

kurumi

A Kansas woman visits a faraway land and kills the first person she meets.

Teaming up with a robot, a lion, and a scarecrow, she tracks down her victim's sister and kills her too.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Big John

Quote from: kurumi on May 04, 2022, 08:48:36 PM
A Kansas woman visits a faraway land and kills the first person she meets.

Teaming up with a robot, a lion, and a scarecrow, she tracks down her victim's sister and kills her too.
Two women willing to kill each other over a pair of shoes.

wanderer2575

Plot summary condensed into one line of dialogue:

"There's a man out there I haven't seen in 15 years who's trying to kill me.  You show me a son that'd be happy to help.  My son.  My life that could have been...  and wasn't. How do I feel?  Old.  Worn out.⁶

Takumi

A farmer sets out to save his twin sister from their father, who has kidnapped her for political purposes, under the guidance of the father’s former mentor. (May the Fourth etc.)
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

SSOWorld

Doctor Strange tries to stop Scarlet Witch (who's gone mad from child loss and the use of a forbidden witchcraft book) from being able to travel through The Multiverse.

Things just got out of hand
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jeffandnicole

A plane full of people fly from Los Angeles to Chicago. A wholesome movie featuring families and loving couples, it's a reminder of the good times, when the airlines offered pillows and blankets, and all passengers were served a full meal during the flight.

SSOWorld

Quote from: wanderer2575 on May 04, 2022, 09:10:24 PM
Plot summary condensed into one line of dialogue:

"There's a man out there I haven't seen in 15 years who's trying to kill me.  You show me a son that'd be happy to help.  My son.  My life that could have been...  and wasn't. How do I feel?  Old.  Worn out.⁶

You didn't use the Shatner comma.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Max Rockatansky

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (a slasher movie classic featuring corporate intrigue)

The movie opens upon the backdrop of an unmanned German appearing American town where we are introduced to our protagonist Mr. Bucket.  As Mr. Bucket has concluded his working day, he is accosted by a knife wielding man in front of the locally infamous Wonka Chocolate Factory.  Upon returning home we are introduced to Mr. Bucket's destitute family.  Mr. Bucket's Grand Father Joseph is shown to be a bed ridden greedy man who demands the majority of family funds be spent fueling his drug habit.  Grand Father Joseph confides to Mr. Bucket that he was laid off from the Wonka Chocolate Factory as part of a massive layoff related to corporate espionage.   Grand Father Joseph informs Mr. Bucket that the Wonka Chocolate Factory has recently reopened, but the new work force has remained unseen. 

The Wonka Chocolate Empire soon reveals a contest which involves five Golden Tickets through which access to the Wonka Chocolate Factory and a lifetime supply of chocolate will be awarded.  Soon Golden Ticket winners are announced through the world.  All is not well as a rival to the Wonka Chocolate Empire can be seen tempting engage Golden Ticket winners to participate in corporate espionage for profit.  Mr. Bucket is advised by Grand Father Joseph that his destitution can be utilized to will a Golden Ticket into his possession, this attempt fails.  Soon a fifth Golden Ticket winner is announced but is revealed to be escaped Nazi Martin Bormann (this is really what happens). 

With Bormann exposed Mr. Bucket soon locates the fifth Golden Ticket but is immediately tempted by a payoff to engage in espionage against the Wonka Chocolate Empire.  Mr. Bucket is instructed to obtain a copy of the state of the arm gun known as the "Everlasting Gobstopper."  Upon returning home Mr. Bucket learns that Grand Father Joseph has faked his illness for numerous years and his actions have placed the entire family into dire poverty.  Despite the horrible revelation Grand Father Joseph proves to be a prolific dancer and is invited by Mr. Bucket to accompany him to Wonka Chocolate Factory tour.

On the day of the Wonka Chocolate Factory tour, we are introduced to the other four Golden Ticket winners and their companions.  The five Golden Ticket winners are met by the apparently sickly owner of the Wonky Chocolate Empire, the corporate namesake Willy Wonka.  Wonka soon reveals himself to be something of a master of deception and has each tour member entering the Wonka Chocolate Factory sign a contract containing unknown clauses.

Upon moving deeper into the Wonka Chocolate Factory all members of the tour learn Mr. Wonka has employed slave labor to reopen his business free of espionage.  A Golden Ticket member is immediately killed in a river of chocolate and his companion is dragged off to uncertain fate deeper in the Wonka Chocolate Factory.  The Golden Ticket tour travels through a mysterious tunnel containing horrific visions after which all remaining tour members are given an Everlasting Gobstopper.  As the tour continues the other Golden Ticket winners and their companions are killed in traps which appear to be suspiciously tailored to their specific hubris.  Mr. Bucket and Grandpa Joseph survive ceiling fan lacking a protective guard after stealing Drinks of Levitation.

Upon the end of the tour Mr. Wonka advises Mr. Bucket that he failed his test of hubris due to his crime of theft and thusly will obtain nothing per the provisions of the contract he signed earlier.  Grand Father Joseph attempts to defend Mr. Bucket but is called out for the fraud that he is.  Powerless, Mr. Bucket resigns his loss but refuses to engage in corporate espionage and returns his copy of the Everlasting Gobstopper.  Mr. Wonka reveals to Mr. Bucket that he was seeking an heir to his chocolate empire and reveals the attempts at corporate espionage to be a ruse orchestrated by the Wonka Chocolate Empire.  Mr. Wonka reveals that he wants to turn dominion of the Wonka Chocolate Empire and the salve workers over to Mr. Bucket.  The movie ends as Mr. Wonka, Mr. Bucket and a captive Grand Father Joseph take to the skies in a high-tech flying elevator to lord over all.

Rothman

I take this c-note as an insult.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

A elderly media tycoon dies alone but somehow his servants hear him say "rosebud"  as his last word despite not being in the room.  Other media outlets attempt investigate if "rosebud"  has any significance.  The story is ultimately deemed to be uninteresting and dropped..

abefroman329

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 04, 2022, 09:40:15 PM
A plane full of people fly from Los Angeles to Chicago. A wholesome movie featuring families and loving couples, it's a reminder of the good times, when the airlines offered pillows and blankets, and all passengers were served a full meal during the flight.
If you're describing Airplane! then bravo.

Rothman

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 04, 2022, 11:06:24 PM
Made me think of this:

After an airplane is unstuck from the snow in Chicago, some genius made Dean Martin a pilot and his airplane gets blown open mid-flight.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

wanderer2575

Two Old West outlaws are relentlessly pursued after using enough dynamite there to blow up a train car.

J N Winkler

A barge owner and his employee fish a woman's body out of a canal.  The employee has sex with the barge owner's wife.  The police discover the dead woman was pregnant and arrest her boyfriend, a plumber.  In actuality she died as the result of an accident after sex with the employee, who was her former boyfriend.  He says nothing until the plumber's trial, when he sends the police a letter that they ignore.  The plumber is convicted and sentenced to death.  Then the employee has sex with the barge owner's wife's sister, quits, and sets out for parts unknown.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Takumi

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 04, 2022, 10:43:50 PM
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (a slasher movie classic featuring corporate intrigue)

The movie opens upon the backdrop of an unmanned German appearing American town where we are introduced to our protagonist Mr. Bucket.  As Mr. Bucket has concluded his working day, he is accosted by a knife wielding man in front of the locally infamous Wonka Chocolate Factory.  Upon returning home we are introduced to Mr. Bucket's destitute family.  Mr. Bucket's Grand Father Joseph is shown to be a bed ridden greedy man who demands the majority of family funds be spent fueling his drug habit.  Grand Father Joseph confides to Mr. Bucket that he was laid off from the Wonka Chocolate Factory as part of a massive layoff related to corporate espionage.   Grand Father Joseph informs Mr. Bucket that the Wonka Chocolate Factory has recently reopened, but the new work force has remained unseen. 

The Wonka Chocolate Empire soon reveals a contest which involves five Golden Tickets through which access to the Wonka Chocolate Factory and a lifetime supply of chocolate will be awarded.  Soon Golden Ticket winners are announced through the world.  All is not well as a rival to the Wonka Chocolate Empire can be seen tempting engage Golden Ticket winners to participate in corporate espionage for profit.  Mr. Bucket is advised by Grand Father Joseph that his destitution can be utilized to will a Golden Ticket into his possession, this attempt fails.  Soon a fifth Golden Ticket winner is announced but is revealed to be escaped Nazi Martin Bormann (this is really what happens). 

With Bormann exposed Mr. Bucket soon locates the fifth Golden Ticket but is immediately tempted by a payoff to engage in espionage against the Wonka Chocolate Empire.  Mr. Bucket is instructed to obtain a copy of the state of the arm gun known as the "Everlasting Gobstopper."  Upon returning home Mr. Bucket learns that Grand Father Joseph has faked his illness for numerous years and his actions have placed the entire family into dire poverty.  Despite the horrible revelation Grand Father Joseph proves to be a prolific dancer and is invited by Mr. Bucket to accompany him to Wonka Chocolate Factory tour.

On the day of the Wonka Chocolate Factory tour, we are introduced to the other four Golden Ticket winners and their companions.  The five Golden Ticket winners are met by the apparently sickly owner of the Wonky Chocolate Empire, the corporate namesake Willy Wonka.  Wonka soon reveals himself to be something of a master of deception and has each tour member entering the Wonka Chocolate Factory sign a contract containing unknown clauses.

Upon moving deeper into the Wonka Chocolate Factory all members of the tour learn Mr. Wonka has employed slave labor to reopen his business free of espionage.  A Golden Ticket member is immediately killed in a river of chocolate and his companion is dragged off to uncertain fate deeper in the Wonka Chocolate Factory.  The Golden Ticket tour travels through a mysterious tunnel containing horrific visions after which all remaining tour members are given an Everlasting Gobstopper.  As the tour continues the other Golden Ticket winners and their companions are killed in traps which appear to be suspiciously tailored to their specific hubris.  Mr. Bucket and Grandpa Joseph survive ceiling fan lacking a protective guard after stealing Drinks of Levitation.

Upon the end of the tour Mr. Wonka advises Mr. Bucket that he failed his test of hubris due to his crime of theft and thusly will obtain nothing per the provisions of the contract he signed earlier.  Grand Father Joseph attempts to defend Mr. Bucket but is called out for the fraud that he is.  Powerless, Mr. Bucket resigns his loss but refuses to engage in corporate espionage and returns his copy of the Everlasting Gobstopper.  Mr. Wonka reveals to Mr. Bucket that he was seeking an heir to his chocolate empire and reveals the attempts at corporate espionage to be a ruse orchestrated by the Wonka Chocolate Empire.  Mr. Wonka reveals that he wants to turn dominion of the Wonka Chocolate Empire and the salve workers over to Mr. Bucket.  The movie ends as Mr. Wonka, Mr. Bucket and a captive Grand Father Joseph take to the skies in a high-tech flying elevator to lord over all.

John Mulaney has a great rant on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Starts at about 3:50.
https://youtu.be/ZTwekCKTklE

Back on topic: A high school student that hangs out with a disgraced nuclear physicist ends up time traveling to the 1950s and briefly dates his mom.
(Also the subject of a hilarious Mulaney rant.)
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

abefroman329

Quote from: Rothman on May 04, 2022, 11:10:38 PM
Made me think of this:

After an airplane is unstuck from the snow in Chicago, some genius made Dean Martin a pilot and his airplane gets blown open mid-flight.
Joe Patroni get promoted from chief mechanic to captain, proceeds to do physically impossible things with his airplane.

jgb191

After a rigorous physical training in his home state of South Dakota, Will Stoneman travels to Winnipeg in a dog-sledding race to St. Paul.  Will races against time, competition, nature, and his own deteriorating condition to win the race for the ten-thousand-dollar prize.

Name this movie!
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

formulanone

Quote from: Takumi on May 04, 2022, 09:12:11 PM
A farmer sets out to save his twin sister from their father, who has kidnapped her for political purposes, under the guidance of the father's former mentor. (May the Fourth etc.)

Spoiler alert: Then the son refuses to join the family business.

abefroman329

Quote from: J N Winkler on May 05, 2022, 12:23:23 AM
A barge owner and his employee fish a woman's body out of a canal.  The employee has sex with the barge owner's wife.  The police discover the dead woman was pregnant and arrest her boyfriend, a plumber.  In actuality she died as the result of an accident after sex with the employee, who was her former boyfriend.  He says nothing until the plumber's trial, when he sends the police a letter that they ignore.  The plumber is convicted and sentenced to death.  Then the employee has sex with the barge owner's wife's sister, quits, and sets out for parts unknown.
...what movie is this?

NWI_Irish96

A Vietnam War fighter pilot and his estranged flight attendant wife rekindle their love on a flight from LA to Chicago
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

1995hoo

Five kids give a homeless man vodka money to buy them tickets to an R-rated movie. The movie contains profanity, so the kids start using it. Their mothers, outraged and needing someone to blame other than themselves, convince the President to declare war on Canada. Meanwhile, Satan and his homosexual lover, Saddam Hussein, prepare to take over the world.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jeffandnicole

Roger Roger.

Max Rockatansky

A woman steals money from her employer in Phoenix.  She meets a nice man and his unfriendly mother while staying at a road side motel.

jmacswimmer

Two wealthy brothers, who own a commodities brokerage firm and hold opposing views on the nature vs. nurture debate, place a bet with each other to take their nephew, who holds a high-ranking position with the firm, and make him destitute while installing a homeless beggar, who has a chance encounter with the nephew which the brothers witness, in the same high-ranking position.

As the beggar starts to grow into the role, he overhears the brothers settling their bet and forming plans to return their 2 subjects back to their original places in society.  He then takes this information to the nephew and, with the help of a butler and a prostitute, the 2 conspire to corner the market at the New York Stock Exchange in order to make themselves rich while simultaneously causing the brothers to lose their entire wealth.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.