News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Having custom signs made

Started by RJ145, February 28, 2012, 06:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJ145

Hey all,

I know there was a thread somewhere about it but I can't seem to find it. Who here has had custom signs made. I want to have a custom street name sign made but I'm not sure who to go through. I emailed rice signs but they have yet to get back to me. I sent them an email and sent a message through their online form.

Anyone have any suggestions? Rice is the only company that posts pictures of their work on their website which is why I want to go through them. All of the other companies I've found use clip art.

agentsteel53

that would be me.

jake@aaroads.com
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Quote from: agentsteel53 on February 28, 2012, 07:14:26 PM
that would be me.

jake@aaroads.com

I can vouch for the quality & accuracy ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Takumi

Me too. My I-366 shield is top notch ;)

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

corco

I've seen the sign Jake made for US71- it's a very good looking sign.

bugo

Back around 1999, several roadguys got together and placed a large order for some custom signs.  I had an Arkansas I-49 shield made, probably the only one in existence.  Definitely the oldest one.  I think my sign cost less than $30 shipped.  I don't remember the name of the company that they used.

Post Merge: December 31, 1969, 06:59:59 PM

Ron Wilbanks coordinated it.  I haven't heard from him in many years.

RJ145

Basically what I want done is a 9" prismatic flat blade street sign. Brown w/ a white border with the name in all capitals and the street type in subscript. The kicker is I need it silk screened. Similar to the one in this picture:

agentsteel53

is silk-screening an absolute requirement?  that would really jack up the price.  nowadays, most everything is digitally printed.  looks exactly the same.  same inks, just a computer telling it where to go, as opposed to a screen.

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on February 28, 2012, 07:22:25 PM

You getting a Speed Limit 85 to go with?

Takumi

I have an old 35 (not sure what vintage), maybe I could make an 8 out of the 3 with some tape for a photo.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

ARMOURERERIC

We have a farm where the access road to us and the rest of the neighborhood runs in the middle of our property, it is dirt, and signed frequently at 25 MPH, methheads like to speed down the road, sometimes hitting one of our piglets of lambs and they never stop.  I would like to get a larger yellow diamond with a crosswalk and a sillouette of like 4 of our farm species (pig,sheep,cow,goat), like 48x48.  Can you contact me on this.

Scott5114

No goat or pig, but if you got a standard W11-6 (cow) and/or W11-17 (sheep), you would probably be able to save some money, and have the symbols be larger too. Realistically though, if they're methheads that don't care enough to stop after hitting an animal they're not likely to care enough to look at signs anyway.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

RJ145

Yeah you might be better off throwing in some speed bumps. As for the silk screening, that was the best way I could think of to describe it. Digital printing would work if that is how it is done now.

agentsteel53

digitally printed would be easiest.  email me at jake@aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Quillz

I can verify Jake does really good work. I had a custom Wisconsin US Route shield made, and presently have an old California bear shield on order. Might even get one of my own custom shield designs made next, too.

agentsteel53

Quote from: Quillz on February 29, 2012, 01:35:07 PM
I can verify Jake does really good work. I had a custom Wisconsin US Route shield made, and presently have an old California bear shield on order. Might even get one of my own custom shield designs made next, too.

should be there today, actually.  mailed it out yesterday!

jake@aaroads.com

Quillz

Quote from: agentsteel53 on February 29, 2012, 01:36:15 PM
Quote from: Quillz on February 29, 2012, 01:35:07 PM

should be there today, actually.  mailed it out yesterday!
Cool, thanks. Will look nice next to the black on yellow Wisconsin shield.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Takumi on February 28, 2012, 07:22:25 PM

Better hope you never meet Ethanman in person. :P
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Takumi

I'll be on the lookout for him next time I'm in Manassas then.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Quillz

Got my CA-99 bear shield today. Looks really nice.

US71

Jake has done 3 for me. I've been very pleased. :)

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

nexus73

Lookin' good Jake.  I sent you an email.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.