News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Weird road signs contest: Which one is wackiest?

Started by tchafe1978, September 02, 2012, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Ace10

Quote from: MDOTFanFB on October 06, 2012, 08:48:49 AM
A few seconds ago in the erroneous signs thread, I saw a Florida toll road avatar where there was a rainbow behind "TOLL". How come we've been jumping into the rainbow avatar trend?

Florida here!

Quote from: english si on October 06, 2012, 05:52:31 PM[...] what we have here is people celebrating diversity by sheep-like saying "I conform": having multicoloured avatars is the shibboleth to say "I'm like you, don't think down on me". In mainstream politics, this debate is simply a way of displaying your virtue (see Dan Hannan MEP summing up the current British debate brilliantly) - with each side valuing different things as virtuous.

It took me a few days to figure out what the hell was going on with all the rainbow avatars until I came across the thread about the multicolored crosswalk in West Hollywood. Granted, members showing their support for LGBT causes by displaying their favorite road shield or other road-related image with a rainbow element in it may cause some division on this forum, but this forum is primarily about roads and transportation, not politics - unless of course those politics are transportation-related.

However, being a gay man myself and subjected to harassment in years past and subjected to discrimination back then and now, it amazes me when I see such an outpouring of support and acceptance from complete strangers. Even if most people in the Deep South support and accept LGBT people, it is definitely not spoken of. Seeing such support from people I don't even know on this forum was a complete 180 from what I was used to, and I decided to change my own avatar to support the cause as well to show my gratitude and support for what they are doing.

But in the end, we're all just here to talk about roads, so let's get on, shall we?

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: vtk on October 06, 2012, 09:38:50 AM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on October 05, 2012, 10:34:09 PM
Here's what highway shields should look like.

Someone went a bit overboard with filters in the GIMP...
I only used 5 filters...when I did that design in 2006.
(though, yes whenever I get a new toy (re: filter, shapefile, design, action, etc) I do feel the need to use them immediately in whichever graphic design project I'm doing at that time).
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

vtk

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.