News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Fixing slightly damaged signs

Started by mcdonaat, November 19, 2012, 11:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcdonaat

I have a neat little trick for putting signs on my apartment wall - Command picture hanging strips. They have velcro, and just lock into place, which means all of my signs have the Command strips on the back of them, letting me swaps signs in and out at will. The only problem is, some of my signs are slightly bent. Usually it's just the corner bent down slightly, or a warp in the sign itself. Any idea on how to make these damaged signs flat again?

Also, if anyone knows how to take bullet holes out of a sign, that would be awesome as well.   :spin:

Scott5114

Have you tried putting them so that the center bows away from the ground (so the edges are touching the ground and the center is up off the ground) and leaving a heavy weight on the sign for a while?

For bent corners, I'd probably try working the kink out with a pair of pliers.

Or you can just do the easy thing and hammer a nail into the wall, and perch the sign on that with the existing mounting holes...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

formulanone

You could pick up some bodyshop dollys and hammers from Harbor Freight Tools, and planish the metal from the reverse of the sign. You probably wouldn't want to do it against the face of it. I can't imagine they cost more than $15-20 for a set.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.