News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Incorrect highways marked on Google Maps

Started by Riverside Frwy, November 08, 2009, 09:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

In other news, MD 200 finally shows up, but check out the interchange with MD 97 in google maps!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

mightyace

My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Eth

Quote from: deanej on April 08, 2011, 09:43:31 AM
In other news, MD 200 finally shows up, but check out the interchange with MD 97 in google maps!

Not only that, but most of the eastbound carriageway is missing!

roadman65

Why is US 209 between PA 33 and I-80 near Stroudsburg, PA shown as a freeway when it has three at grade intersections on it?
Why is US 301 north of Fayetteville, NC shown as an arterial when it is a freeway?  Matter of fact it was I-95 until the Fayetteville Bypass was completed in 84 and was still then shown as an arterrial.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

Quote from: roadman65 on April 09, 2011, 09:45:31 PM
Matter of fact it was I-95 until the Fayetteville Bypass was completed in 84 and was still then shown as an arterrial.
Google Maps wasn't around in 1984...?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadman65

Quote from: NE2 on April 09, 2011, 09:52:47 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on April 09, 2011, 09:45:31 PM
Matter of fact it was I-95 until the Fayetteville Bypass was completed in 84 and was still then shown as an arterrial.
Google Maps wasn't around in 1984...?
Well other maps were and they were like Google.

Fixed quote. - rmf67

Sheryl Crowe

Michael

I was looking up NY 598 in Syracuse and noticed that it's marked on Teall Ave when it should be marked on Midler Ave.

mightyace

Quote from: mightyace on March 10, 2011, 12:31:33 AM
I know.  Locally, the unfinished stubs of TN 840 are in there.

I went out Dickson way on Saturday to take the newly opened stretch of 840 for the first time.  Google maps still only has the stubs on each end.  That did make the GPS wig out a little less when I drove the stretch.  However, that stretch of road opened nearly five months ago!

I went back on the road on Saturday to get some photos and noticed that Google maps has added that stretch of 840 to the maps.  Not surprisingly, the satellite/aerial maps still show it under construction with gaps.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: mightyace on April 19, 2011, 12:54:20 PM
Quote from: mightyace on March 10, 2011, 12:31:33 AM
I know.  Locally, the unfinished stubs of TN 840 are in there.

I went out Dickson way on Saturday to take the newly opened stretch of 840 for the first time.  Google maps still only has the stubs on each end.  That did make the GPS wig out a little less when I drove the stretch.  However, that stretch of road opened nearly five months ago!

I went back on the road on Saturday to get some photos and noticed that Google maps has added that stretch of 840 to the maps.  Not surprisingly, the satellite/aerial maps still show it under construction with gaps.
If you're on google earth, you can see the date for when the satellite image was taken.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

mightyace

^^^

In this case that would only do me any good if Google Earth had newer imaging than Google Maps.  i.e. I want newer images on 840 not older.

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Duke87

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Zmapper

Maybe Google wants America to become part of Quebec.  :-P

rickmastfan67

Zmapper

I think I found the problem.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/52377790@N03/5732205088/sizes/l/in/photostream/

MOD NOTE: Can you please merge the posts in the Google Map Maker thread about Quebec Route 366 with this thread? Thank you in advance.

PAHighways

I didn't realize I was on Quebec Route 366 today.

ftballfan

PAHighways

That'd be the [actual] route I was on.

roadman65

I have seen somewhere that FL A1A was marked as FL 1A.

Sheryl Crowe

corco

NE2

All I see is Quebec Route 366, which has already been mentioned here and elsewhere.

Zmapper

What about the underwater subdivision on the south side of I-84/Quebec 366 and between N 10th and N 18th?

english si

Mr. Matté

Not G. Maps, but G. Earth. On I-79 and some on-ramps just south of the Ohio River, a "wall of spikes" line the roads:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.