News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Two of the same business visible from one place

Started by lepidopteran, February 06, 2019, 09:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Isn't there two McDonalds in view of each other on US 1 in Spotsylvania, VA?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Bruce

Two bikeshare stations across the street at Atwater Market in Montreal

plain

In Henrico County, VA (and just outside Richmond limits), there are 2 Chick-Fil-A's in the area of Willow Lawn Shopping Center. One is in the shopping center itself, facing Willow Lawn Dr. The other is a stand-alone location directly across Broad St (US 250). Both can be easily seen from either Willow Lawn Dr or the parking lot in front of the shopping center location.

In downtown Newport News, VA, two 7-11's are located near the southern end of the Shipyard. One is at the corner of Washington Ave & 36th St, the other at West Ave & 34th St. Both are visible from almost anywhere on the Newport News Transit Center property.
Newark born, Richmond bred

golden eagle

I remember seeing two hotels of the same brand across the interstate from each other in Nashville. It think it was Motel 6.

kevinb1994

Quote from: golden eagle on July 03, 2019, 12:02:35 AM
I remember seeing two hotels of the same brand across the interstate from each other in Nashville. It think it was Motel 6.
Did they leave the light on for you? ;)

iowahighways

Quote from: tchafe1978 on May 01, 2019, 11:25:46 AM
Take a drive around La Crosse, WI, the home base for convenience store chain Kwik Trip. There will be a Kwik Trip literally on every corner along any of the main drags.

Likewise, Casey's General Stores have a huge presence in its headquarters of Ankeny, IA, including two within a quarter-mile of each other on Delaware Avenue. (One was built as a Casey's, while the other was acquired from another chain.)

Also, Pilot has two travel centers in Walcott, IA, that compete with the enormous Iowa 80 Truckstop.
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

golden eagle

Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 03, 2019, 12:05:28 AM
Did they leave the light on for you? ;)

They did! Would've been even better if Tom Bodette and the violin player were there.

roadman65

I like when a mall has a fast food in it that is also outside the mall.  The Florida Mall used to have a Friendly's inside the mall and one outside on the corner of OBT and Sand Lake Road.  Sadly Friendly's is all gone in Central Florida as Kissimmee was the last remaining store that closed sometime around 2011.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

US 89

Just discovered a new one in West Bountiful, Utah. The intersection of 500 West (US 89) and 400 North (SR 106) used to feature a Chevron, Sinclair, and Exxon on three of the four corners. Sometime between last summer and now, the Sinclair became a Chevron, so now there are two Chevrons directly across the street from each other:

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: US 89 on February 08, 2019, 02:59:45 PM
I recall there was an intersection in Salt Lake City which featured two Sinclair stations right across the road from each other, at M Street and South Temple Here's a GSV of one: turn 180 degrees and you'll see the other.

The funny thing is that neither is left today. One became a Smith's Express, while the other was completely torn down; that lot is now occupied by the Ronald McDonald House.

This post has been invaluable for me, as after this I searched for every Ronald McDonald House in the country, and these days as I cannot go anywhere in real life I'm connecting them in Street View. BTW, that RMH in question is the perfect antithesis to this thread, as it is the most isolated one in the lower 48, the closest one being in Boise.
Quote from: Bruce on June 09, 2019, 01:26:55 AM
Two bikeshare stations across the street at Atwater Market in Montreal

[snip]

It shouldn't surprise anybody if this is a heavily trafficked area. There are also two bikeshare stations right next to each other in Barcelona's Plaça Catalunya, right dead in the city center.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

TheGrassGuy

Not sure about America, but here are two 7-Elevens in Taiwan:
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

tchafe1978

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 21, 2020, 07:57:51 PM
https://goo.gl/maps/VHT83RMofYv8rnad6

Two Kwik-Trips - one at each corner.

I was in Madison a few months ago driving on Fish Hatchery Rd. There are two Kwik Trips across the road from each other at the same intersection just north of the Beltline. I didn't even notice the one  on my right as I turned left to go into the one on the opposite side of the road. I only noticed as I was leaving. Kwik Trips are becoming so ubiquitous in Wisconsin you don't even notice them anymore!

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ozarkman417

There are two Kum & Gos just across the street from each other on the north side of Springfield.

US71

Quote from: ozarkman417 on April 22, 2020, 05:27:42 PM
There are two Kum & Gos just across the street from each other on the north side of Springfield.

Didn't they just close one of them?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SectorZ

Quote from: US71 on April 22, 2020, 05:33:29 PM

That make one a Came & Went?

webny99

Quote from: SectorZ on April 22, 2020, 05:38:10 PM

Well played!

(Fair warning: keep the humor up and I'm going to start expecting it.  ;-))

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: tchafe1978 on April 22, 2020, 04:56:21 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on April 21, 2020, 07:57:51 PM
https://goo.gl/maps/VHT83RMofYv8rnad6

Two Kwik-Trips - one at each corner.

I was in Madison a few months ago driving on Fish Hatchery Rd. There are two Kwik Trips across the road from each other at the same intersection just north of the Beltline. I didn't even notice the one  on my right as I turned left to go into the one on the opposite side of the road. I only noticed as I was leaving. Kwik Trips are becoming so ubiquitous in Wisconsin you don't even notice them anymore!

Maybe more so than any other state I know of, Kwik Trip in Wisconsin is just as likely to be the small town corner store as it is a major interstate truck stop. Many towns near interstates have both versions of them. They had a fair presence in southeastern Minnesota in the counties close to La Crosse, but have within the last five years become a serious competitor in eastern and central Minnesota.

And indeed their line of high-quality, low-price products coupled with their hot food options have largely taken my business over the legacy Holiday chain.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

wriddle082

Yes, that would be at I-24 and TN 255 Harding Place.  The Motel 6 up on the hill was originally a Regal 8 Inn, and that chain was bought out by Motel 6 in the 90's.  The other one has been a Motel 6 ever since its inception probably in the 70's.

Also FYI, do NOT stay at any of the hotels at this exit.  This neighborhood is terrible, and for as long as I can remember it has been marginal at best.

ftballfan

Quote from: wriddle082 on April 22, 2020, 11:49:13 PM

Yes, that would be at I-24 and TN 255 Harding Place.  The Motel 6 up on the hill was originally a Regal 8 Inn, and that chain was bought out by Motel 6 in the 90's.  The other one has been a Motel 6 ever since its inception probably in the 70's.

Also FYI, do NOT stay at any of the hotels at this exit.  This neighborhood is terrible, and for as long as I can remember it has been marginal at best.

According to Google Maps, both of those have different names now. The one on the west side is now Rodeway Inn and the one on the east side is now Somatel.

Speaking of gas stations, Wesco (a regional chain serving mostly the Lake Michigan shoreline in Michigan) has two locations across the street from each other in Fruitport: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1351617,-86.1550439,257m/data=!3m1!1e3

DandyDan

Now that this topic has been revived, I can mention that not far from where I used to live in Papillion, NE, there is a Casey's both going east and going west on Cornhusker Road from 72nd St. One was originally a Casey's and the other was a Fantasy's, which Casey's bought out.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

ozarkman417

I drove past them the other day and they both appear to be open

hbelkins

There are two Five Star food marts on US 60 at the I-64 exit at Frankfort, but one is a Shell and the other is a BP.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SectorZ

Quote from: webny99 on April 22, 2020, 08:49:48 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on April 22, 2020, 05:38:10 PM

Well played!

(Fair warning: keep the humor up and I'm going to start expecting it.  ;-))

I had one MUCH less safe for the forum lined up, but opted for a PG comment.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.