Meta > Suggestions and Questions

User kphoger

<< < (9/9)

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 17, 2022, 04:05:29 PM ---I'm confused

--- End quote ---

I'm OK with that.  ;)

J N Winkler:

--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 17, 2022, 04:05:29 PM ---I'm confused about how you plan absences. I don't plan absences, I drift on and off the forum with some periods of increased activity. Even when I'm busy I can still check into the forum every once in a while.
--- End quote ---

Some people (I am not necessarily saying Kphoger is one of them) find it easier to manage time and attention, both of which are scarce resources, by engaging with online platforms like social media and Web forums only in a structured way that short-circuits the dopamine feedback loop.  For example, I have a rule of checking Facebook just twice a day.

Roadgeekteen:

--- Quote from: J N Winkler on March 17, 2022, 05:16:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 17, 2022, 04:05:29 PM ---I'm confused about how you plan absences. I don't plan absences, I drift on and off the forum with some periods of increased activity. Even when I'm busy I can still check into the forum every once in a while.
--- End quote ---

Some people (I am not necessarily saying Kphoger is one of them) find it easier to manage time and attention, both of which are scarce resources, by engaging with online platforms like social media and Web forums only in a structured way that short-circuits the dopamine feedback loop.  For example, I have a rule of checking Facebook just twice a day.

--- End quote ---
Valid. It might be a good idea. Smartphones make that impossible for me. I check Instagram way too much. Maybe 100 times per day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version