National Boards > General Highway Talk

What’s the most insane roadway concurrency in the country?

(1/14) > >>

oneoftheordinary:
I know North Carolina has some insane ones, like 5 route numbers all following the same roadway, but which one has the most?

TheHighwayMan394:
Probably I-465 around Indianapolis, since Indiana removed everything non-Interstate inside of it and put everything continuing beyond Indy to go around on 465.

There are three stretches of 7 routes on I-465 (I-69 will eventually replace IN 37).

Max Rockatansky:
About the best you’ll get in California is the largely silently concurrent CA 99-59-140 briefly in Merced.

TheStranger:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 17, 2022, 03:52:06 AM ---About the best you’ll get in California is the largely silently concurrent CA 99-59-140 briefly in Merced.

--- End quote ---

Up until Business 80 in Sacramento was truncated to the Oak Park Interchange, the WX Freeway carried Business 80, Route 99, and US 50 (and is that hidden I-305 designation as well).

1:
While it's well established that I-465 has the most, the rotary in Augusta, ME has US 201, US 202, ME 8, ME 11, ME 17, ME 27, and ME 100. 11 and 201 bounce off each other, but since it's a rotary, you're going to need to make a 3/4 turn if it's a left turn, so arguably all seven can count. ME 8 begins here instead of continuing on both sides, but it should still count.

As for a different kind of insane, RI 114 with itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version