Regional Boards > Great Lakes and Ohio Valley

Michigan Notes

<< < (199/213) > >>

Flint1979:

--- Quote from: GaryV on September 19, 2022, 09:21:25 AM ---The I-375 removal project also includes fixing the 75 to 75 access (removing the tightest turns). That's a big positive.

--- End quote ---
Hell yeah it is. That's a terrible curve there on I-75 where the suggested speed is only 25 mph.

vegas1962:
https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/news-outreach/pressreleases/2022/09/13/us-31-m-22-roundabout-in-manistee-opens-to-traffic-next-week

The new roundabout at US-31 and M-22 north of Manistee opened to traffic yesterday (Monday, Sept. 19).

afguy:
It will be interesting to what MDOT recommends. Personally, I would love to BRT running down the middle of Gratiot from Downtown to 8 Mile.

--- Quote ---The Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL) study for M-3 (Gratiot Avenue) from Randolph Street to M-102 (8 Mile Road) in Detroit will identify and evaluate safety, multimodal mobility, transit needs, and proposed improvements. The PEL study will help to refine the recommendations of existing plans and studies to create one unified vision for the corridor.
The Gratiot Avenue PEL study will also evaluate:

Safety issues for nonmotorized users
Abundance of travel lanes
Lack of nonmotorized facilities
High transit use
Sidewalk lighting and maintenance
A proposed road diet with dedicated center transit lanes and medians
The PEL study will consider environmental, community, and economic goals early in the transportation planning process. The information analysis and services or recommendations developed during the PEL study will inform the environmental review process.
--- End quote ---
https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/projects-studies/studies/planning-and-environmental-linkages-studies/m-3-in-detroit

Flint1979:
What is with MDOT and the font in the 58?

jzn110:

--- Quote from: Flint1979 on October 10, 2022, 11:45:13 PM ---What is with MDOT and the font in the 58?

--- End quote ---

I'm willing to bet that sign was installed by the local County Road Commission. CRCs are notorious for using bad fonts on signs (at least, they are around my part of Michigan).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version