News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Frustrated visitors sue Na...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 03:47:41 AM
Quote from: Rothman on March 29, 2024, 11:19:28 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 29, 2024, 08:48:59 PM
Quote from: Rothman on March 29, 2024, 07:56:42 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 29, 2024, 07:34:35 PMWould they actually say "no" if you did show up with a bag of cash?  They still have to report the transaction if it would be over the Federal reporting limit.  It would come down probably to do they have the ability to store the cash before a deposit and verify the cash isn't counterfeit. 

I dunno, money tends to talk with automotive dealers.  Back in 2019 the Subaru dealer insisted they couldn't take the P65 sticker off my Impreza.  They changed their stance quickly when I suggested maybe the transaction wasn't for me.

Taking the sticker off makes it safe.

I haven't consumed the presumably delicious known cancer causing parts of the car yet. 

Pretty strong feelings about a sticker.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 29, 2024, 07:34:35 PMWould they actually say "no" if you did show up with a bag of cash?  They still have to report the transaction if it would be over the Federal reporting limit.  It would come down probably to do they have the ability to store the cash before a deposit and verify the cash isn't counterfeit. 

I dunno, money tends to talk with automotive dealers.  Back in 2019 the Subaru dealer insisted they couldn't take the P65 sticker off my Impreza.  They changed their stance quickly when I suggested maybe the transaction wasn't for me.

I haven't consumed the presumably delicious known cancer causing parts of the car yet. 

Suggestions and Questions / Re: NEW features
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 03:44:58 AM
Quote from: jlam on Today at 12:06:00 AMIs anybody else having problems with viewing tables? Ever since the update, tables on threads like "Lowest-numbered Route You Haven't Been On" have been completely broken. An absurd amount of space is inserted before the location of the table, and the table is completely stripped of rows and columns. Here's what I'm talking about:

This isn't happening with all tables.

This tableDoes not have
the problemfor me

I wonder what's up with Rothman's tables that they end up with that giant amount of white space in front of them.
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 12:52:28 AM

I mean hey, I saved myself the hassle of having to buy a bottle of Goo Gone (which may also have a P65 label).
Pacific Southwest / Re: I-5S in Los Angeles and Gl...
Last post by M3100 - Today at 12:31:44 AM
Interesting history, as always with these summaries.

Meanwhile, the inset maps in the narrative show the east-west segment of the road through the city of Glendale labeled as 'Colorado Blvd.', however local maps (including my 1946 Renie Atlas and 1955 Thomas Guide) show that section as 'Colorado St.'  Evidently the cartographers left off that detail to avoid cluttering the map.
Traffic Control / Re: The road sign city name ph...
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 12:20:46 AM
Asbest -> Trois-Rivières, QC:

A-20 EB, sortie 210 - 1 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr
Off-Topic / Re: Who misses the old McDonal...
Last post by tchafe1978 - Today at 12:19:43 AM
I don't hardly go to McDonald's much anymore. But I do miss the swivel chairs they used to have.
Last post by LilianaUwU - Today at 12:09:36 AM
Search is broken, which is super annoying when trying to find if I already posted something in Road Sign UNO.
Last post by jlam - Today at 12:06:00 AM
Is anybody else having problems with viewing tables? Ever since the update, tables on threads like "Lowest-numbered Route You Haven't Been On" have been completely broken. An absurd amount of space is inserted before the location of the table, and the table is completely stripped of rows and columns. Here's what I'm talking about:

Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by cockroachking - Today at 12:00:59 AM
DE-26 > DE-6 in Woodland Beach:
Last post by LilianaUwU - March 29, 2024, 11:57:26 PM
As for the stripper thing, a "danse à dix" (literally "ten dollar dance") is common here in Québec, though I'm led to wonder if inflation made it a "danse à vingt" ("twenty dollar dance").

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.