News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Do you like to stack cards when playing UNO?

Started by tolbs17, January 25, 2022, 09:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you?

Yes
1 (25%)
No
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

tolbs17

I like to stack and my friend Justin does too.

When you play a draw 1 (or 2) and if another person plays a draw 1 (or 2), you make that person draw 2 (or 4)!

Same when if you play a draw 4 (or 5) and if another person plays a draw 4 (or 5) the next player will have to draw 8 (or 10) or even 12 (or 15)!

I also like doing the train where you can play cards like 2,3,4, and what not.

hotdogPi

I created a Python program called Extended UNO. It has cards from a whole bunch of games, including many UNO variations, Skip-Bo, Phase 10, your standard 52-card deck (typical numbered cards), Rack-O (no color, but each digit functions separately), Set (three colors, number is always 1-3), some (but not all) from Monopoly Deal, and a whole bunch more. Fortunately, the game tells you what cards you can and cannot play, but even I sometimes think there's a bug in the program, such as not realizing a Skip-Bo 3 (which is purple) is valid on a Wild DOS with a different color called (it's legal because the Wild DOS is a 2 and Skip-Bo cards are played on cards that are one lower). And there still a few bugs, mostly involving multiple extra turns (some extra turns are required, and some are optional) and effect-when-drawn cards (there are only two, but it gets complicated when something happens in the middle of a turn). I haven't implemented challenges yet (cards that could be challenged simply can't be played to begin with) or countering counters (in the program, if a Draw 4 or similar is blocked, that's the end of it), nor have I implemented scoring (it's one round and that's it, although I do explain how scoring would work for the more unusual cards).

I would post the code here, but it's 60 KB, too long for a forum post.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.