News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Forum Fonts?!?!?

Started by myosh_tino, April 01, 2014, 01:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getemngo

Now that the default has been switched back, there's exactly one person using the Clearview theme. I'm a Clearview fan and that's hilarious.
~ Sam from Michigan

vtk

I didn't realize the font change was a joke until it changed back.  I like it.  This morning when I saw it had gone back, I switched to the Clearview theme.

Caveat: I use a stylesheet override to add 1px interletter spacing and 2px word spacing to everything on this site – that's been in place for quite a while already.  I think the Clearview would probably look worse without it.

I do wonder about the faux-bold that's going on here.  It's not too bad, but it might (or might not) look better if it used an actual bolder Clearview font.  We could add the following to the stylesheet:
@font-face {
    font-family: 'Clearview';
    src: url('roadgeek_2005_series_4b-webfont.eot');
    src: url('roadgeek_2005_series_4b-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
         url('roadgeek_2005_series_4b-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
         url('roadgeek_2005_series_4b-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'),
         url('roadgeek_2005_series_4b-webfont.svg#roadgeek_2005_series_4bRg') format('svg');
    font-weight: bold;
    font-style: normal;

}

This would make bold text appear in Clearview 4B.  Of course, the site would have to provide 4B in the necessary formats as it does 4W.  I tried something similar with my own stylesheet override, but my local Roadgeek 4B didn't render as nicely, probably due to the difference in how Firefox renders SVG vs TTF fonts.

And if there's any desire to make the Clearview theme useable for more people, maybe consider adopting my letter-spacing and word-spacing adjustments as mentioned above.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.