News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads running slow?

Started by Pete from Boston, December 11, 2014, 08:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

Noticed it on several devices with unrelated connections in the past day or so–very slow to load.  Anyone else, or am I imagining this?

1995hoo

Quote from: Pete from Boston on December 11, 2014, 08:11:12 AM
Noticed it on several devices with unrelated connections in the past day or so–very slow to load.  Anyone else, or am I imagining this?

It wouldn't load at all for me around mid-afternoon yesterday.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Zeffy

1and1 was having a bunch of problems the last couple of days, which (I'm not sure on this), may have been caused by the nor'easter that struck the northeast the last few days. However, I noticed that Steve's website was also down when AARoads was down, which led me to conclude that this was an issue on 1and1's part, since Steve uses 1and1 as well.

I haven't noticed any slowdowns from late yesterday though, and I would think that the servers should be back up at 100% by the end of today.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

vdeane

NYS Roads had a DNS outage Tuesday night as well.  1and1 support said they had suffered a DDOS (distributed denial of service) attack.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.