News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Anyone else having problems with the "Quote" function?

Started by hbelkins, August 30, 2009, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

I get "loading" at the top of the page if I try to quote a post, and it never goes away. Does this on both Safari and Firefox with my Mac. This is only a new phenomenon of the last two weeks or so and I haven't upgraded browsers or my OS yet. (I'm hesitant to get Snow Leopard because I don't know how much of my stuff it'll break and I"m not keen on finding out.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

rawmustard

Quote from: hbelkins on August 30, 2009, 10:15:04 PM
I get "loading" at the top of the page if I try to quote a post, and it never goes away. Does this on both Safari and Firefox with my Mac. This is only a new phenomenon of the last two weeks or so and I haven't upgraded browsers or my OS yet. (I'm hesitant to get Snow Leopard because I don't know how much of my stuff it'll break and I"m not keen on finding out.)

What I've had to do (someone else mentioned this before in another thread) is to not show quick reply under "Look and Layout Preferences," which acts as a workaround because something's b0rked in the scripting when quick reply is on and you try to click the "Quote" link.

Marc

I've been having the same issues with quotes. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, in response to hbelkins's comment, I highly suggest Snow Leopard. It's more stable than Leopard was. And Leopard had two years of patches under its belt. Leopard was essentially Apple's Vista.

rickmastfan67

Chris

Right click on the quote, and then open in a new tab should fix the problem.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.