News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

CA-70 Road Trip (July 7, 2014)

Started by ZLoth, July 10, 2014, 04:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

Monday, I decided on a whim to take a day road trip. This gives me an opportunity to catch up on some audio books (finished Reed Timmer's Into the Storm and started Ben MacIntyre's Agent Zigzag) as well as drive on a road that I haven't driven before.

The road that I elected to drive was CA-70 between CA-194 and US-395. To get there, I took CA-65 from Roseville. Once you pass the interchange, this is a beautiful drive as it follows the Feather River. You pass by some PG&E power plants, drive through three tunnels, and even some very old bridges. At one point, the road bridge you are taking is below the UP Railroad bridge. Well worth the days journey.

I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

CtrlAltDel

Sounds pretty nice. I've never been over the eastern mountains of California. I always went the I-40 or I-15 way. Did you get any nice pics? Stop anywhere?
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

ZLoth

I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.