News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Minor things that bother you

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, November 27, 2019, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary_amaryllis

Why anyone would ruin perfectly good cereal with .. cow secretions .. is a mystery to me. But, to each their own.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

JoePCool14

Quote from: wanderer2575 on December 13, 2022, 06:28:31 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on December 13, 2022, 12:38:28 PM
Anyone is mildly bothered by soggy cereals? (Look, I gotta lighten up the mood somehow.)

Same, but I'm usually trying to find a good YouTube to watch.

As a side note, watching YouTube (Netflix, TV, Hulu, take your pick) while eating has got to be one of the worst habits. You start watching and eating, you finish your video but you still haven't finished eating. Time to find another video then. But then you finish your food before the second video ends. Well, I have to finish watching this, so I might as well get something else to eat while I do. And repeat until sick in the stomach, head, or both.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

Hunty2022

How about when you look up any route like "VA-20"  or "NC-33" , but the results end up being something completely different, like some random fighter jet?
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

JoePCool14

Quote from: Hunty2022 on December 14, 2022, 10:12:53 AM
How about when you look up any route like "VA-20"  or "NC-33" , but the results end up being something completely different, like some random fighter jet?

Or Arkansas State Highway 15.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

kurumi

Quote from: JoePCool14 on December 14, 2022, 12:20:12 PM

I'd love to fly in a State Route 71 though
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

J N Winkler

When searching for the Wikipedia entry on a given route, I try to avoid hyphenated constructions for this precise reason.  This is unavoidable for Kansas because the entries do follow the local idiom of K-2, K-3, etc., so I add "highway" in the search box.  This usually leads me to the desired page without a stop for disambiguation.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kurumi on December 14, 2022, 12:21:48 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on December 14, 2022, 12:20:12 PM

I'd love to fly in a State Route 71 though

The firearm iteration of M-14 is arguably more interesting.

dlsterner

How about when you look up any fighter jet like "VA-20" or "NC-33", but the results end up being something completely different, like some random route?

Scott5114

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Naming_conventions_(U.S._state_and_territory_highways) is the master key in case anyone was wondering. This page basically exists because NE2 decided this was the hill he wanted to die on back in 2007 and basically led to everyone having to go to Wikipedia Supreme Court over it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kirbykart

Quote from: Hunty2022 on December 13, 2022, 01:03:54 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on December 13, 2022, 12:38:28 PM
Anyone is mildly bothered by soggy cereals? (Look, I gotta lighten up the mood somehow.)

Milk ≠ Cereal
Liquids ≠ Cereal

Cereal is better dry.

Same here (when I used to eat cereal). I can't stand soggy cereal, and when people would say "you just eat it quickly so it doesn't get soggy", I then wondered "why do you even put milk on it to begin with?".

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 14, 2022, 03:23:35 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Naming_conventions_(U.S._state_and_territory_highways) is the master key in case anyone was wondering. This page basically exists because NE2 decided this was the hill he wanted to die on back in 2007 and basically led to everyone having to go to Wikipedia Supreme Court over it.
I went to ANI for a handful of reasons, but being Roadgeek Anal™ was certainly not one of those reasons.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Scott5114

Quote from: LilianaUwU on December 14, 2022, 04:02:33 PM
I went to ANI for a handful of reasons, but being Roadgeek Anal™ was certainly not one of those reasons.

This went way past ANI, all the way to freakin' ArbCom.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 14, 2022, 04:10:57 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on December 14, 2022, 04:02:33 PM

This went all the way to freakin' ArbCom.
So did a recent ANI case of mine, but again, it was for a bigger reason than being Roadgeek Anal™.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

thenetwork

Quote from: GaryV on December 14, 2022, 08:10:28 AM
Without milk, you don't get Snap, Crackle, Pop

Then throw in some Pop Rocks into your bowl of DRY Rice Krispies 😉

zachary_amaryllis

When the wind blows my satellite dish down the street.
clinched:

formulanone

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on December 15, 2022, 07:30:53 AM

I forgot to take down my satellite dish down during Hurricane Wilma, and the winds bent up both sides like a taco. The post mounted to the side of my house eventually broke free, but now had an additional 30-degree bend in it.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: formulanone on December 15, 2022, 10:13:34 AM
Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on December 15, 2022, 07:30:53 AM

I forgot to take down my satellite dish down during Hurricane Wilma, and the winds bent up both sides like a taco. The post mounted to the side of my house eventually broke free, but now had an additional 30-degree bend in it.
I really felt like Hughes did a decent job mounting it -- the thing didn't budge when he tried to wiggle it around, but it has been very bigly windy around here lately.
clinched:

thspfc

When dead baseball players emerge from the woods and play baseball in my yard.

hbelkins

Let's revisit the cereal discussion...

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

ZLoth

A minor thing that used to bother me...

Ever since I got my Pixel 6 phone, the song/media information would only display on my mother's 2016 vehicle, but not my 2013 vehicle... same make and model, but just an older model. Apparently, there was a patch to the Android 13 OS just recently, as the media information is now displaying again. This makes me happy as my vehicle has just 97k miles on it, and is no immediate need for replacement.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

kphoger

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on December 14, 2022, 08:26:19 AM
cow secretions

Don't think too long and hard about what honey is.
Or where eggs come from.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: kphoger on December 15, 2022, 03:45:39 PM
cow secretions

Or where eggs come from.

I wasn't, till you mentioned it.
clinched:

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on December 15, 2022, 03:58:05 PM
Quote from: kphoger on December 15, 2022, 03:45:39 PM
cow secretions

Or where eggs come from.

I wasn't, till you mentioned it.

Or that alcohol is the vomit of bacteria.

kkt

Quote from: kphoger on December 15, 2022, 04:28:11 PM

Um... no one been in a yard where there are chickens, or taken sex ed in school?  Laying an egg is not pooping.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.