Ohio: Findlay-Toledo Corridor Meet -- Late Spring/Early Summer 2021?

Started by DanTheRoadsMan, November 14, 2020, 09:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanTheRoadsMan

With the hope that conditions will be improved by that point (and if not, format of the meeting will be adapted), we wanted to look at organizing a Findlay-Toledo corridor meet along I-75 are surrounding highways in northwest Ohio in 2021.  We have an eye on the late spring/early summer timeframe (likely June or July), although it could go to later in the year if that was preferred.  With I-75 now 6 lanes from Findlay northward, major interchange reconfigurations and other major work on the freeways around Toledo since 2014, and the work on the I-75 interchange with US 68/OH 15 on the south side of Findlay in the spotlight, we wanted to start gauging interest in this meet, and get an idea of what time frame would work well for you.

Alps

DanTheRoadsMan

A.J. Bertin

I added this meet to the list of tentative/planned meets for 2021 in the 2021 Meets thread on the forum.

I'm not sure how interested I am in the Toledo portion of this meet (mainly because I've already attended two Toledo-based road meets over the years), but the Findlay portion of this meet definitely interests me.

My decision as to whether or not to attend this meet will depend on the timing of the other meets that I'm already eyeing for 2021... some of which are already in the works for spring/summer.  Most of the time, in order for me to attend two road meets that are within a close time frame of each other, I would need at least a two-week buffer between those meets.  Also, I would hope that two meets would not be scheduled to take place on the same date because it would force folks to choose between the two.  However, that's just me... and I wouldn't expect a host to choose a date for a meet based on one potential attendee's preferences.  But having said all of that, I would like an opportunity to explore the Findlay area in some depth... so count me in as a possible attendee for at least that portion.

Would you consider creating a poll that lists possible dates of this meet and asking folks to vote on their preferences for dates?
-A.J. from Michigan

Laura

I'm interested and don't want to conflict my Cumberland/Western Maryland meet with yours. I was thinking June 26th for my meet to have it in between my birthday and my daugher's birthday but am open to other dates.

Alps

Quote from: kevinb1994 on February 17, 2021, 07:26:49 PM
Quote from: Laura on February 17, 2021, 10:09:07 AM
I'm interested and don't want to conflict my Cumberland/Western Maryland meet with yours. I was thinking June 26th for my meet to have it in between my birthday and my daugher's birthday but am open to other dates.
I mean, I could show up at either one, but I'm not holding my breath due to COVID.
You should try to hold your breath more, or at least put a mask over it.

Nikolai

I'm eager to attend this one. Any news on if/when it will be happening?

Laura

Quote from: kevinb1994 on February 17, 2021, 07:26:49 PM
Quote from: Laura on February 17, 2021, 10:09:07 AM
I mean, I could show up at either one, but I'm not holding my breath due to COVID.

FYI I moved my meet to October. I'd like to go to both this and Durham if they aren't too close together weekend-wise.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

If I don't hear back from Dan, soon, I'll announce my own plans for Findlay this summer.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

wanderer2575

I am definitely interested, and for the most part any spring/summer Saturday would work for me. 

I drove down to Findlay about a month ago for sign photos, and around part of the Toledo/Perrysburg area last weekend.  Was happy to see that the signage for the new interchange at OH-15/US-68 is much better than was shown on the original signing concept, including an actual END US-68 assembly.  The final section of reconstruction/realignment of I-75 in Toledo (between downtown and Wales Road) is well under way, including new bridges over the Maumee River.  And there's yet another project of some kind on I-475/US-23.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: wanderer2575 on May 06, 2021, 05:45:36 PM
I am definitely interested, and for the most part any spring/summer Saturday would work for me. 

I drove down to Findlay about a month ago for sign photos, and around part of the Toledo/Perrysburg area last weekend.  Was happy to see that the signage for the new interchange at OH-15/US-68 is much better than was shown on the original signing concept, including an actual END US-68 assembly.  The final section of reconstruction/realignment of I-75 in Toledo (between downtown and Wales Road) is well under way, including new bridges over the Maumee River.  And there's yet another project of some kind on I-475/US-23.

Just spoke with Dan. Big changes for roadmeet schedule & location...
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.