News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Changing one letter of a thread title

Started by hotdogPi, January 31, 2021, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

freebrickproductions

Interstate 995 in Georgia - The eastern end of I-16 gets a new number.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

formulanone

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 18, 2024, 03:44:02 PM
Quote from: Poiponen13 on January 18, 2024, 03:09:31 PM
Ransom thoughts

That's actually a good one.

O l d s m oB i L E S can also be discussed.

Scott5114

WillWeaverRVA

Gen X is choosing not to drive

Gen Z is choosing not to dive - lessons learned from the Titan submersible disaster

Los Angeles Onion Station
Will Weaver

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

hotdogPi

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Poiponen13

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 23, 2024, 09:13:00 AM

Gen Z is choosing not to dive - lessons learned from the Titan submersible disaster

Gen Y is choosing not to drive
Gen W is choosing not to drive

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Poiponen13 on January 23, 2024, 02:07:03 PM
Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 23, 2024, 09:13:00 AM

Gen Y is choosing not to drive
Gen W is choosing not to drive

Those don't make any sense. But then again, neither does pretty much anything you post and the powers that be seem to tolerate you.
Will Weaver

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jlam

This is true? - Geographic oddities that defy convectional wisdom

The oven can't teach you everything

kphoger

This is tree? - Geographic oddities that defy conventional wisdom
Male pronouns, please.

Big John

Has Anyone Ever Done an MRE? - in the military.

Poiponen13

Quote from: Big John on January 23, 2024, 04:51:45 PM
Has Anyone Ever Done a MRI? - a one that looks better to me, as letter M is a consonant.

Scott5114

Quote from: Poiponen13 on January 23, 2024, 02:57:40 PM
What does that mean?

Well, you see, it's a long story. It starts way back when I was just a little bitty boy, living in a box under the stairs, in the corner of the basement of the house, half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait Shop. You know the place. Well anyway, back then, life was going swell, and everything was just peachy. Except, of course, for the undeniable fact that every single morning, my mother would make me a big bowl of sauerkraut for breakfast. Every single morning. It was driving me crazy.

So I said to my mom, "Hey, Mom, what's up with all the sauerkraut?" And my dear, sweet mother...she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. And she leaned right down next to me and said, "It's good for you." Then, she tied me to the wall and stuck a funnel in my mouth, and force fed me nothing but sauerkraut until I was twenty-six-and-a-half years old.

That's when I swore that someday, I would get out of that basement. And that I would travel to a magical, far away place, where the sun is always shining, and the air smells like warm root beer, and the towels are oh-so-fluffy. A place where the Shriners and the lepers play their ukuleles all day long, and anyone on the street will gladly shave your back for a nickel.

Well, let me tell you, it wasn't long at all before my dream came true. Because the very next day, a local radio station had this contest to see who could correctly guess the number of molecules in Leonard Nimoy's butt. I was off by three, but I still won the grand prize...a first-class, one-way ticket to Albuquerque.

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

Max Rockatansky

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

formulanone

1995hoo

Quote from: Poiponen13 on January 24, 2024, 06:38:53 AM
Quote from: Big John on January 23, 2024, 04:51:45 PM
Has Anyone Ever Done a MRI? - a one that looks better to me, as letter M is a consonant.

But "a MRI" is wrong. It's "an MRI" because the letter "M," when pronounced as a letter, starts with a short vowel sound ("em"), such that it takes the form "an." It doesn't matter whether it "looks better" to you—it's wrong, and it sounds awful when read out loud. (The same principle applies to some other consonants: F, H, L, N, R, S, and X.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Bridges Edition!

National Boards > Bridges > Indians Adopt A Bridgethat was nice of them
National Boards > Bridges > 'High' Bridge Trollsa meth-induced prank gone very wrong
National Boards > Bridges > Two few Vladivostok BridgesPoiponen13 recommends more
National Boards > Bridges > giant Leg bridge in Germanypatterned after the lamp in that movie
National Boards > Bridges > Small rivers with the lost historic bridgesno one knows where they went
National Boards > Bridges > Wildwood NJ to get unique cable stay spa.clothing optional, reservations required
National Boards > Bridges > Piers without cars?number 7, San Francisco
National Boards > Bridges > No Modern Bridges and Flyoverslet's get back to the good old arch
National Boards > Bridges > Thorough girder bridge?not your typical half-assed girder bridge
National Boards > Bridges > Help sought on the mate of a bridgetrying to reproduce it naturally
National Boards > Bridges > Coal Bridges In Your Areaspecific to coal mine conveyors
National Boards > Bridges > Bridges with grooms insideapparently, this is a thing for bachelor parties
National Boards > Bridges > Is this a king of bridge ??just ask the ACBL
National Boards > Bridges > Scariest Bridge Pecksever kissed your wife while driving across the Brookport?
National Boards > Bridges > The Cleveland Bridge Pooppigeons increasingly an issue for inspectors
National Boards > Bridges > London's Lower Bridgestill about Tower Bridge, but only the vehicular part
National Boards > Bridges > What's a Gump bridge?you never know what you're gonna get
National Boards > Bridges > Woolen Bridges (Except covered ones)but fleece ones are OK to discuss
National Boards > Bridges > X!among other similar threads started by Angelo71
National Boards > Bridges > Bridge i found on a philly site, no real KID on itjust a blow-up dummy
National Boards > Bridges > The Golden Gate Bridge, now with ominous houndsà la Arthur Conan Doyle
National Boards > Bridges > Hold Your Mirrors In Bridgesa weird photo gallery
National Boards > Bridges > Why did highway overpasses get so fugly?the same, just more emphatic
National Boards > Bridges > Where is his bridge?right where he left it, of course
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.