News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Forum Quotes

Started by CoreySamson, July 05, 2021, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: dlsterner on November 12, 2022, 12:05:17 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 11, 2022, 08:54:40 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 11, 2022, 08:32:59 PM
Thank you so much for giving me the honor of FritzOwl status on this forum!
Maybe MMM could even get the honor of Tolbs17 status on this forum, if he asks nice enough.

Tolbs arguably made Mary Hannah more famous on the forum than himself.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 12, 2022, 12:09:13 AM
Quote from: dlsterner on November 12, 2022, 12:05:17 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 11, 2022, 08:54:40 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 11, 2022, 08:32:59 PM
Thank you so much for giving me the honor of FritzOwl status on this forum!
Maybe MMM could even get the honor of Tolbs17 status on this forum, if he asks nice enough.

Tolbs arguably made Mary Hannah more famous on the forum than himself.

Imagine if Mary Hannah actually found this place. Or maybe Tolbs already showed it to her.  :-D

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

webny99

This, about "to" being used instead of "too":

Quote from: roadman65 on November 12, 2022, 12:45:10 PM
Oh, and if the MIT grads on here want to take my misspelled word real serious, blame your cyber buddy Spell Correct who wouldn't suggest the proper spelling of the word when I attempted to write it.

:rofl:

GaryV

Quote from: webny99 on November 12, 2022, 06:14:50 PM
This, about "to" being used instead of "too":

Quote from: roadman65 on November 12, 2022, 12:45:10 PM
Oh, and if the MIT grads on here want to take my misspelled word real serious, blame your cyber buddy Spell Correct who wouldn't suggest the proper spelling of the word when I attempted to write it.

:rofl:

Seriously?

webny99

Seriously indeed! And here's another gem from the same thread:

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 10, 2022, 02:20:27 PM
... It is not as if the date of a post can only be found by looking inside the air intake manifold of a specific 1972 AMC Gremlin in Laramie, Wyoming. It's at the top of every single post. If you failed to look at it, it is your fault.

skluth

Quote from: formulanone on November 14, 2022, 03:11:59 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 14, 2022, 01:27:29 PM
Quote from: kirbykart on November 14, 2022, 01:06:28 PM
The other towns might already have Olive Garden. The point of this entire interstate is to give Joliet an Olive Garden.

But it's more special if every town gets an Olive Garden.  More so if some towns get extra Olive Gardens, hence the point of having one at everything exit.

Olive Garden State Parkway

Gotta say, that last response is brilliant

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 17, 2022, 04:41:21 PM
Alaska doesn't follow our numbering system either so it's more suitable to be in Canada.

Who knew geopolitics could be so simple?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 17, 2022, 05:05:43 PM
Alaska doesn't follow our numbering system either so it's more suitable to be in Canada.

Geopolitics is that easy for the great Lord Owl.  MMM is making the mistake in thinking that he is Lord Owl.

formulanone

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 17, 2022, 05:16:08 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 17, 2022, 05:05:43 PM

Geopolitics is that easy for the great Lord Owl.  MMM is making the mistake in thinking that he is Lord Owl.

We traded Alaska to Canada for two Territories and a 2025 collegiate hockey draft pick to be named later.

SkyPesos

kphoger

Wow, this guy is full of it them!

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 18, 2022, 12:52:32 PM
The ocean has literally been in the same spot for 40-50 years ago.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on November 18, 2022, 01:05:35 PM
Wow, this guy is full of it them!

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 18, 2022, 12:52:32 PM
The ocean has literally been in the same spot for 40-50 years ago.

Has anyone bothered to ask if he's familiar with plate tectonics and continental drift?

Scott5114

I mean, I can confirm that the ocean has more or less been in the same spot since 1970.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 18, 2022, 03:54:49 PM
I mean, I can confirm that the ocean has more or less been in the same spot since 1970.

Is it too much to expect MMM to pull the average amount of millimeters of continental drift annually out of his ass suddenly in his posts?

Dirt Roads

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 18, 2022, 03:58:50 PM
Is it too much to expect MMM to pull the average amount of millimeters of continental drift annually out of his ass suddenly in his posts?

He needs to take into account that the entire coast of North Carolina has been shifting miles-and-miles, at least since famed explorer Verrazano first arrived here in 1524.  When Verrazano got to the Pamlico Sound, he determined that it was indeed the mouth of the Pacific Ocean.  Perhaps that means that the Pacific Ocean has also shifted some 2,600 miles since then.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Dirt Roads on November 18, 2022, 04:40:42 PM

He needs to take into account that the entire coast of North Carolina has been shifting miles-and-miles, at least since famed explorer Verrazano first arrived here in 1524.  When Verrazano got to the Pamlico Sound, he determined that it was indeed the mouth of the Pacific Ocean.  Perhaps that means that the Pacific Ocean has also shifted some 2,600 miles since then.

Certainly would explain that wacky period map the Spanish had of the Island of California. 

GaryV

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 18, 2022, 05:06:07 PM

Certainly would explain that wacky period map the Spanish had of the Island of California.

They were just ahead of their time - they expected the San Andreas to open up at any time.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: GaryV on November 18, 2022, 05:10:05 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 18, 2022, 05:06:07 PM

They were just ahead of their time - they expected the San Andreas to open up at any time.

They had the inland sea east of the Sierra Nevada Mountains roughly where Owens Valley is located.

skluth

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 18, 2022, 05:35:02 PM
Quote from: Alexander Lukashenko
Why was I thinking Belarus was a province in Russia and not its one Country?

Nice commentary using the author attribution feature

kirbykart

Another one of MultiMillionMiler's crazy "ideas":
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 18, 2022, 03:33:27 PM
BTW, just switching gears back to the I-80 extension. I discovered a 3rd option that would also eliminate other confusions as well. Instead of I-80 entering Long Island via the Throgsneck Bridge, a new bridge can be built in a more east-west fashion to Greatneck, running East-South-East to the L.I.E where it would merge around Exit 40W, and then run along the L.I.E. This eliminates the 80/95 concurrency in much of new york. The stretch of highway between New Haven and Rhode Island can become I-82, and if you wanted, I-82 can run concurrently along I-95 in CT (so there is one designation that covers the entire east-west coast hugging roadway in CT) and then also absorbs the east-west stretch of I-287 east of I-87. This would make I-287 look more reasonable, I-82 would be a nice long 2di mostly running east west, I-80 would run across long island while also the cross bronx. The reason I ruled out the Throgneck Bridge Route was because it would look really ugly on the map and be longer. If I-80 could continue more east west into Long Island, it would shorter, straighter, and more efficiently that taking CT to get to Rhode Island (remember the sounds crossing). I-80 would end at I-82 in CT, I-80, I-82, and the new I-84 to Providence would have a nice distance in between them all, no new numbering would have to be done to I-80 in NJ east of route 46, I-80 would still go over the GWB, and all of CT highways would make perfect sense!

"I ruled out the Throgs Neck Bridge because it would look ugly on the map."

And apparently all this "would make perfect sense!"

Max Rockatansky

More from the master:

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on November 20, 2022, 08:15:01 PM
I was whining about 2 lane total roads, not 2 lanes each direction, although ideally, all interstate standard roads should be 3 lanes each direction. Don't tell me there's actual roads that are just 1 lane total and the two cars have to negotiate around each other...

JoePCool14

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 20, 2022, 08:56:26 PM
More from the master:

I was whining about 2 lane total roads, not 2 lanes each direction, although ideally, all interstate standard roads should be 3 lanes each direction. Don't tell me there's actual roads that are just 1 lane total and the two cars have to negotiate around each other...

My man hasn't been to Europe at all has he.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

hbelkins

Quote from: JoePCool14 on November 21, 2022, 09:47:54 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 20, 2022, 08:56:26 PM
More from the master:

My man hasn't been to Europe at all has he.

Or Kentucky. Or Virginia. Or West Virginia.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kkt

Are there ANY states that don't have at least one 1-lane road?  Maybe a small highly urban state like Rhode Island or Delaware.

Max Rockatansky

Even Florida had a bunch of single lane roads once you got outside the metro Orlando area. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.