News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Delaware

Started by Alex, February 11, 2009, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

You are right Alex4897.  I think I was having a brainfart trying to answer this earlier.  :banghead:

(For DE 6)  TRAFFIC ALERT - Kent County - Road Closure of East Commerce Street between S. Dupont Blvd and Monrovia Avenue
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

Maybe Alex4897 can find signage plans to see if DE 10 will be rerouted onto the East and West Camden Bypass.

EAST CAMDEN BYPASS has been awarded

Alex4897

Quote from: 74/171FAN on May 02, 2024, 06:15:31 PMMaybe Alex4897 can find signage plans to see if DE 10 will be rerouted onto the East and West Camden Bypass.

EAST CAMDEN BYPASS has been awarded

Seems as though it will. It looks like the entire bypass is going to carry both the SR 10 designation and Willow Grove Road across US 13 to Lebanon Road and SR 10's current alignment.

The rest of the plans show signage going up for SR 10 along the bypass and old SR 10 signage being removed along the current alignment.

DelDOT plans to widen US 13 between the Puncheon Run Connector and Walnut Shade Road in the near-ish future, but this project won't be including that work within its scope. It seems as though the intention is to add the 3rd lanes on the inside of US 13, so theoretically they'll be able to come back through and add those thru lanes at a later date without having to tear the entire intersections apart again.

EDIT - Also of note, I found a recently closed Request For Proposals for the SR 1 widening project between the mall and Tybouts Corner. It's nice to see that project is getting some attention again after going radio silent for the past few years.

EDIT AGAIN - The contract for the I-295 widening from the I-95 split also just went out, so construction should kick off here soon to fix that bottleneck. Some massive 6-lane APLs will be installed for the larger split.

Unfortunately the speed limit is still going to be capped at a universally ignored 50MPH thanks to the DRBA.
👉😎👉

74/171FAN

epzik8

Quote from: Alex4897 on April 29, 2024, 11:37:55 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 29, 2024, 08:52:46 AM
Quote from: epzik8 on April 29, 2024, 08:23:02 AMIt looks like Delaware has a color detour system for the 896 interchange project in the style of Pennsylvania's.

The detour requiring turning around at the Biden Welcome Center is much more interesting IMO.

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 29, 2023, 01:37:20 PM(https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10219228995036191&set=a.10219229104798935)

The detour doesn't go through the welcome center, it goes up to DE 273 and turns around using the loops at that interchange.

Regardless, I went through there on Sunday and didn't even pay attention to the signs around the welcome center and 273.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.