News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Severe Weather

Started by Interstate 69 Fan, February 23, 2018, 02:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Enhanced risk area for most of Oklahoma and south Kansas. Thunderstorms firing off around Lawton. I've seen this movie before, have you?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

D-Dey65

I see that part of the Storm King Highway was washed out due to the Upstate New York flooding.

I always wanted to put that road on my bucket list.

Rothman

Quote from: D-Dey65 on July 10, 2023, 01:53:38 PM
I see that part of the Storm King Highway was washed out due to the Upstate New York flooding.

I always wanted to put that road on my bucket list.
I walked it in the off-season.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 11, 2023, 06:41:41 PM
Enhanced risk area for most of Oklahoma and south Kansas. Thunderstorms firing off around Lawton. I've seen this movie before, have you?
'

Anybody else think that the 'Enhanced' and 'Moderate' labels should be flip-flopped? Enhanced sounds more serious than Moderate.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Scott5114

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on July 10, 2023, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 11, 2023, 06:41:41 PM

Anybody else think that the 'Enhanced' and 'Moderate' labels should be flip-flopped? Enhanced sounds more serious than Moderate.

That's because the scale was originally SLGT-MDT-HIGH. ENH and Marginal (MRGL) were added later on.

I'm personally used to it enough, it would be weird if it changed at this point.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

ET21

ENH helped bridge the gap between slight and moderate risks while MGL replaced the see text on outlooks prior to the update
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Billy F 1988

Western Montana received quite a dump of rain these last three days starting with what looked like a 13 hour stretch of moderate showers in spurts of about 20 minutes at a time on Monday. I saw another burst of moderate rain at about 6 PM MDT on Tuesday, then another at 5:30 AM MDT this Wednesday morning before it cleared by 10 AM MDT. It still doesn't erase the severe drought conditions however, but it does slowly help break off any long form drought. These spurts of moderate to sometimes heavy rain in many areas were mainly coming from the remnants of former Tropical Storm Hilary. While it does help tap down some of the wildfires in my home state, there are still mud slide and flooding issues at hand in multiple areas including burn scars where lightning struck fires have occurred.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

bing101

triplemultiplex

Our first ever February tornado in Wisconsin wrecked some homes and farms near Evansville last night.  No fatalities or serious injuries, fortunately.

The supercell tracked from just east of Monroe to just north of Edgerton:

It would have been at its worst when it crossed WI 59 and the Dane-Rock county line.

NWS is out assessing damage, but to my amateur eye, it looks like at least EF2 based on photos I've seen.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Road Hog

Last weekend was my first "car in the garage" night of the year. Nothing came of it and likely won't have another one of those until late March (I hope).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.