News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Speed limit changes coming to Arkansas

Started by bugo, June 14, 2012, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

http://www.arkansashighways.com/news/2012/064%202.pdf

Some 4 and 5 lane rural highways are being raised from 55 to 60 or 65 MPH.

M86

Quote from: bugo on June 14, 2012, 05:35:21 PM

Arkansas is entering the 21st Century?  Shocking.

US71

Quote from: bugo on June 14, 2012, 05:35:21 PM

It's 65 south of Ashdown and has been for years. Given Arkansas' liking for low speed limits, I was a bit surprised when I first saw it.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

M86

Actually, in my opinion, Arkansas likes the higher speed limits...
Look at Walton Blvd in Bentonville... The speed limit is 50 MPH on US 71 Business (Walton Blvd with a 5 lane section [continuous center turn lane aka the devil] with development on all sides).  It's all development, with a 5 lane/center turn lane... And all 50 MPH... It scares me at time.

US 62 East (Hudson Road) in Rogers is 45 MPH... It's a 5 laner with a center turn lane.  I fight for my life trying to turn off of it... if that semi or car or truck ventures to the left or right a few inches in their lane, I'm a gonner!

Arkansas (city or state) needs to reevaluate their speed limits in urban areas, because it borderlines on ridiculous.  And start f(&%&) implanting medians!  Medians are your friend!  Good grief!

US71

Quote from: M86 on July 02, 2012, 05:32:26 AM
Look at Walton Blvd in Bentonville... The speed limit is 50 MPH on US 71 Business (Walton Blvd with a 5 lane section [continuous center turn lane aka the devil] with development on all sides).  It's all development, with a 5 lane/center turn lane... And all 50 MPH... It scares me at time.

US 62 East (Hudson Road) in Rogers is 45 MPH... It's a 5 laner with a center turn lane.  I fight for my life trying to turn off of it... if that semi or car or truck ventures to the left or right a few inches in their lane, I'm a gonner!

Arkansas (city or state) needs to reevaluate their speed limits in urban areas, because it borderlines on ridiculous.  And start f(&%&) implanting medians!  Medians are your friend!  Good grief!

New Hope Road is 50MPH, even after AHTD gave it back to the city. I have a friend who was in a severe wreck a couple months ago, which he blames on the speed limit.

But if you hate 62 now, wait until it's widened to Gateway.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alps

Quote from: M86 on July 02, 2012, 05:32:26 AM

Passaic Ave. is a suburban five-laner in Fairfield-West Caldwell, NJ, speed limit 45 but many people go 55-60. I've never seen an accident along it, and this is a state that doesn't do well on TWLTL.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.