News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Aberdeen, Maryland to Port Jervis, New York

Started by epzik8, October 01, 2020, 07:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

On Sunday I got to drive somebody from Aberdeen, Maryland to Port Jervis, New York in a rental car. I started out by making my way out of Aberdeen on MD 462 to MD 155 to MD 161 to US 1. Crossed the Conowingo Dam from Harford into Cecil County and turned onto US 222.

We got into Pennsylvania and I drove through Lancaster County via US 222, then PA 272 from Wakefield to Willow Street, and back on US 222 for a short distance. In Lancaster city I took a couple of back roads to PA 23 to US 30, which I took to US 222 again.

I made my way through the Reading area, including the concurrency with US 422, and continued on US 222 around Kutztown and to PA 100 just outside of Allentown. I took that to I-78 and branched off onto US 22 at the split. I saw signs about US 22 being closed at PA 191, and we got into a backup in Bethlehem, near that exit. I should have stayed on I-78. So I got to drive through Nazareth on PA 191 and eventually made it to PA 33, which had been my intended exit off US 22.

I took PA 33 through Northampton County and to US 209. I got to drive on I-80 for a few miles near Stroudsburg before splitting back onto 209 north. Somewhere in Monroe County we ended up at a Wawa before continuing on 209, into Pike County and through the Delaware Water Gap. At Milford I turned onto US 6 to continue on US 209. We went through Matamoras before crossing the Delaware River into New York.

Coming back I took US 6 out of Port Jervis and to I-84, which I took to I-380 in Lackawanna County. I took that to I-80 to I-81 and exited from 81 at PA 61 in Frackville. I made my way through Pottsville and re-connected with 222 at Reading. The rest of the return trip from there was the same as the trip up. I clinched Wayne and Pike counties in Pennsylvania and Orange County, New York, and most of I-84 and I-380 in Pennsylvania as well as a good chunk of US 209 and a bit of US 6 on this trip.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.