News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Russian Street View

Started by realjd, April 20, 2010, 12:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realjd

I came across this website today (from a firearms blog of all places). It's a Russian online map site, and they have StreetView images of a few cities like St. Petersburg and Moscow.

http://maps.yandex.ru/

To find the StreetView images, zoom in to a place like Moscow and the button indicated in the following picture will appear:

Click it, and any roads with pictures will be highlighted blue. Just click on the blue roads to see the images. I haven't had a chance to play around with it too much yet. I found that if you use your mouse wheel to zoom, the button doesn't always appear. You have to double-click to zoom to get it to appear.

Truvelo

First thing I did was I tried zooming out only to increase the size of the map. The + and - symbols are the wrong way round :pan:
Speed limits limit life

Scott5114

I think it's kind of funny that it automatically geolocated to a map of Oklahoma done up in Cyrillic characters :spin:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Truvelo

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 20, 2010, 03:59:46 PM
I think it's kind of funny that it automatically geolocated to a map of Oklahoma done up in Cyrillic characters :spin:

That's because it's based on your IP address :pan:
Speed limits limit life

Bickendan

Not sure about that. It dropped me over Melborne, and my IP traditionally reports from Monmouth, OR (I'm in Portland).

mightyace

Quote from: Bickendan on April 21, 2010, 12:54:02 AM
Not sure about that. It dropped me over Melborne, and my IP traditionally reports from Monmouth, OR (I'm in Portland).

Austrailia?  Or, is there also one in Oregon?  :confused:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Bickendan

Hellfighter

I can't understand anything!  :confused: I'll wait until Google gets there...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.