Trying to get steam to shoot out your ears

Started by bandit957, June 11, 2023, 10:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Have you ever tried to get steam to shoot out your ears when you're angry?

Once when I was about 10 years old, I tried to get steam to shoot out my ears after I saw Fred Flintstone do it. I tensed up with all my might. But it didn't work.

I think what prompted it was getting frustrated with a book I had to read in 5th grade and having to take a very difficult test on it.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

kurumi

Well, what works for me, y'see, is I take a gander at a really beautiful dame. She's got a slinky black dress and her legs go all the way up, and she's smoking a cigarette at the end of a really long pipe thing.

Then I says to myself, that's my kinda woman. And my heart rips out of my chest and starts beating. I lift off the ground with both feet. My hat flies up, there's an "ah-oo-ga" sound effect, and then steam comes out of my ears.

Then she opens her dress and it's actually a giant stick of dynamite with a lit fuse. Ah well. Got me again.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Max Rockatansky

When I was young I often wondered how those cartoon characters didn't die from having their insides burned so throughly by hot steam. 

GaryV

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 12, 2023, 12:01:01 PM
When I was young I often wondered how those cartoon characters didn't die from having their insides burned so throughly by hot steam.

The same way Wile E Coyote survived all those falls unscathed, and the anvils on his head only made him zig-zagged.

Aside: when my brothers and I learned the 1/2 g t squared equation, we used to count the seconds and calculate how far the coyote fell.

hotdogPi

Quote from: GaryV on June 12, 2023, 12:39:13 PM
The same way Wile E Coyote survived all those falls unscathed
This likely means that Wile E Coyote has the cat righting reflex despite not being a cat.

Quote from: GaryV on June 12, 2023, 12:39:13 PM
and the anvils on his head only made him zig-zagged.

Anvils can't deal more than 40 damage. Typically a coyote wouldn't have that much health, but who knows about this one.

Source: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Anvil
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Henry

Maybe chugging some hot sauce would do the trick? :bigass:
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

abefroman329

Quote from: Henry on June 15, 2023, 09:23:01 PM
Maybe chugging some hot sauce would do the trick? :bigass:
Except then the steam wouldn't be coming from his ears.

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.